No sound from mids..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Armalite15

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all!!

Not sure where to start looking at a fix for this but maybe you experts can help me out.

I have a pioneer 8400bh double din deck (checked settings, all is good), Hertz HSK 165 mids and tweeters, and Hertz HDP4 amp running in my 2012 Tacoma.

They are quite old now I guess you could say, have had them in there since 2012.  About a week ago both of my mids stopped working, both sides.  The mids and tweeters are both hooked up to the hertz crossover.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!! 

Look at the passive crossovers to check for damage. If you don't see anything that got hot move on.

Take a Digital MultiMeter, set it to volts (auto ranging or to a range of less than 100V is adequate).

Have the system playing music.

Measure voltage at the speaker output terminals of the HDP4. You should see something higher than a few volts, not millivolts. 

If your DMM is showing signs of life from the amplifier you will next move to the passive crossovers.

Repeat the test at the speaker terminals for the mids. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.