High pitched buzz help

Participant count
  • Participants list

tonksie93

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a static high pitched buzz when my cars engine is on. My headunit, DSP and both amplifiers all ground straight to the battery (located in the trunk). When i unplug ONE of the RCA’s going into my DSP’s input the buzz stops. But when both RCA’s are connected the buzz is there, when both RCA’s are disconnected the buzz stops too.

I am using the cars OEM headunit and fitting an aftermarket one is not an option. The headunit outputs a low voltage signal through twisted speaker wires, which i have then attached RCA connectors so they can plug into my DSP.

Any ideas?

I have a static high pitched buzz when my cars engine is on. My headunit, DSP and both amplifiers all ground straight to the battery (located in the trunk). When i unplug ONE of the RCA’s going into my DSP’s input the buzz stops. But when both RCA’s are connected the buzz is there, when both RCA’s are disconnected the buzz stops too.

I am using the cars OEM headunit and fitting an aftermarket one is not an option. The headunit outputs a low voltage signal through twisted speaker wires, which i have then attached RCA connectors so they can plug into my DSP.

Any ideas?
 try using actual insulated/protected rca cable rather than a speaker wire in a rca connector

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.