Pac LD-10 Line Driver Wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ripkon

CarAudio.com Regular
Virginia
I Received my Line Driver yesterday and connected it using 3' Sky High RCA and KnuKonceptz 20' Cable. I wired the Ground to the Stereo Harness and the Red 12v to the Remote Turn on HU. I had the Gains set all the way to zero, but once i turned them up then tried to back them down it would make a solid buzzing sound. I had to turn the car off and back on for it to stop. Any have experience with this and the best wiring method?

So it doesnt have constant power draw.

From manufacturer: Connect red wire to a 12V+ DC constant source, a switched ACC power, or 
 a relay switched by a remote Amplifier turn-on lead.

I use a PAC LD10, but my configuration is very unique because I use it to boost the signal from my phone directly into the amp. 

I wired the positive to a switch so I can turn it on and off, the same switch also controls the remote turn on lead to my amp.  

Never had any buzzing issues like you described. Maybe try grounding to the chassis instead of the radio harness. 

It is important to not wire the LOC power input directly to the head unit remote.  It says to use a relay to isolate the unit from the remote output because the remote output can only source a few milliamps.  Always a good idea to have the power for the LOC turn on/off with the head unit.  Add a relay as recommended.  That won't help the buzzing but it will prevent damage to the head unit.

Buzzing is usually a signal grounding issue.  As mentioned, a long ground wire is not recommended.  Ground at the amp chassis ground.   Ensure that's a proper ground connection (tight, bolted, bare metal, etc).

So it doesnt have constant power draw.

From manufacturer: Connect red wire to a 12V+ DC constant source, a switched ACC power, or 
 a relay switched by a remote Amplifier turn-on lead.
SWITCHED doesnt stay on all the time. Notice it says a RELAY when using the remote wire?

It just boosts the signal that is fed into it, if the input signal ***** to begin with then the output will **** too. 

I only play test tones through mine for strictly SPL purposes so I can't comment on its actual sound quality.
My hu only has 2v output. It's a cheap pioneer double din. The outputs sound great. I was just trying to boost the volts.  With the pac hooked up it sounds like its traveling down a long hallway (if that makes sense)  I may try and get the Dayton dsp

My hu only has 2v output. It's a cheap pioneer double din. The outputs sound great. I was just trying to boost the volts.  With the pac hooked up it sounds like its traveling down a long hallway (if that makes sense)  I may try and get the Dayton dsp
You might as well bypass the headunit and run your audio through bluetooth straight to the Dayton DSP. @Jeffdachef swears by this method. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.