RSX Type-S Bose Radio Unresponsive

Participant count
  • Participant list

JDDeluxe

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, I own a 2005 RSX Type-S, and I'm having issues with the stock Bose Radio. Hoping someone can help a brother out. 

Basically, it slowly started dying over a few months period. One week it would work, the next not at all. If you put a CD in it would actually play, but none if the buttons or knobs functioned. Now unfortunately nothing functions at all. The radio does light up though, the clock flashes the time, and the Anti-theft light is blinking. Otherwise, that's it.

Driving around listening to music on your cell phone gets old real fast. Thanks ya'll

Sounds like it's dead, bro.  Not a thing you can fix. 

You're in for a small investment getting an aftermarket head unit in there with necessary adapters, but it's certainly better than another dated stock unit with no features.  You can go with a double-din or single din (depending on the features and look you want).  You'll be able to add bluetooth, android auto or carplay, navi, etc.  Kenwood, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer are good options (I recommend Alpine or Kenwood).

http://www.metraonline.com/vfgapi/vehicle/76127

Crutchfield will likely include the install accessories if you buy the head unit from them, and you'll get instructions anyone can follow. 

Let us know what you choose and share some pics of the final product!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.