Blaupunkt 10s SPL testing

Participant count
  • Participant list

THATpurpleKUSH
5,000+ posts

Fuckyou
This evening I did some SPL testing of a pair of Blaupunkt 10s. The results are quite impressive imo.

The box is a burp box designed for Sundown E10s that I was running in my girlfriends Mustang. I thought my Jetta would peak close to the same as the Mustang, turns out it peaks about 4-5hz lower, so the tune isn't ideal for my Jetta. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

The meter is a USB SPL Lab and I made a jig to meter at the headrest MECA style. I bumped the gain the thickness of a hair to get it to jump from 141.41 to 143.2x. Not sure on what kind of power I'm clamping, I just picked up a clamp meter but didn't have it set up today. The battery wasn't fully charged either and was resting at about 12.6v. So less than 1000w for sure. 

20190428_184041.jpg

20190428_182004.jpg

20190428_182648.jpg

20190428_182857.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
143?.. in a trunk?

Cheapo subs?

:toast:
Only half of the screws holding in the ports, not all port joints were taped and the battery wasn't fully charged among other things. It's tuned to 46hz, the car peaks at 44hz so I know there is more left in it, the question is how much. As it is right now I'm guessing I'm soft clipping at the battery voltage I have. This is a stand alone system, there is no connection to the vehicle's charging system.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a MECA show 3 hours away today. The Mayor of the town decided to shut down the show, so the hosts salvaged what they could and we relocated to a park 15 mins away.

I ended up doing a 144.53 with these Blaupunkts on an SSA meter on the windshield with the door open! I metered 1.5 db higher than an EG Civic hatch with 2 XFL12s at .5 ohms on a AB VFL 120.1.

These things are seriously insane for money! I was louder than several setups that should have blown me away.  I'm going to continue running these this summer and keep testing and tweaking to see how much more I can get out of these things. I know I am definitely clipping them but I don't care I just want to push them to their limit in pursuit of the highest SPL score I can extract. 

The weather is looking great today and I don't have to work so I will be going for a sealed on the dash score and I might go pick up a multimeter with peak hold so I can do some clamping. I'm estimating my impedance rise to be around 2.8 ohms. 

The weather is looking great today and I don't have to work so I will be going for a sealed on the dash score and I might go pick up a multimeter with peak hold so I can do some clamping. I'm estimating my impedance rise to be around 2.8 ohms. 
wired to 1 ohm I assume?? funny big d wiz uploaded a video yesterday testing the spl on the 4 12s in a non ideal imo box and he got 144 out of the 4 12s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.