A little sad with Focal 165AS speakers.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Aaron Anderson

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've put a couple of car stereos together in the past 20 years... Used to use Alpine Type R speakers... In my last vehicle (Wrangler) I just went with some Kicker CS's.

Picked up a new truck and decided to really go all out. Went with Focal 165AS's in all 4 corners. Coax in the rear, component in the front. I tried them out on my test bench and really didn't like them. Listening to rock music is really harsh and kind of exhausting to listen to. Moderate volume is stressful to listen to, if that makes sense.

I thought maybe they needed some break in - so I let them play out in the shop for a couple of days while other parts for my install arrived.

I ended up putting them in the truck.. and yeah, not thrilled. Going to give the Kicker KS series a shot.

Anyway, just wanted to vent a little since these things were 500 bucks for all 4 and I dont want to tear the door panels off again. :/

Ive got 2 NIB 2009 Kicker RS series id let go for $400, thats $50 cheaper each than eBay right now. These are the top of the line ones, one is missing the rubber boot on the back though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.