Static in the speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeremy8

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello I have a 07 Chevy Trailblazer with the Bose stereo I recently bought a double din head unit and the pac wire harness LCGM24 (if it helps) I installed everything and when I plugged the remote wire from the harness to the radio I get a loud static sound. I haven’t installed any amplifiers yet. I ran a ground from the radio to the chassis and still the same problem. I then installed a power noise filter  and same problem. I’ve tried everything that comes to mind but I’m at a loss. If anyone has any answers for me it would be greatly appreciated. 

Consider that you're likely turning-on the factory amplifier with the remote wire connection.   Also, the PAC LCGM24 is listed for non-amplified systems, and with a Bose radio and amplifier it appears you have the wrong interface.

If you visit the pacaudio.com website and enter your vehicle information, it leads you to a series of GM1A-xx adapters for your vehicle.   The LCGM24 isn't listed as an option.  You need to see specific wording to say it works with a Bose amp.

You say "not amplifiers yet"... if you're planning on adding amplifiers and replacing the speakers and powering them from new amplifiers and totally bypassing the factory head unit, amplifier, and speakers... then you can just move to phase 2 now and save the money for the Bose integration device.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.