What do I need to connect to my head unit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jtyson

2015 Ram 1500. UConnect 8.4 Alpine system. Need to retain all factory functions. Trying to attach my Crescendo 3500 to my Skars. 

I've tried searching but either I'm not grasping or the answer isn't clear. I've seen PAC modules mentioned, amps with LOC, resistors, etc. What do I actually need? I found this other thread but his truck is newer. I tried asking on there but no response. 

He said he connected an audiocontrol D-4.800 amp to his head unit which is the newer Harmon system. That amp is big $$$ and I wasn't banking on doing other speakers for a long while, if at all. But if that is the easiest way and is tuneable then I will buy that amp. I just don't know if I still need a PAC module to connect it? Or just the amp? Or something else? 

I have emailed audiocontrol for answers as well. Shotgunning this here. I've had my box sitting in my garage for a couple weeks and I'd like to hear it work this year! 

Well, that was half an hour I'll never get back. Zero reference to connecting an amplifier to a factory 8.4 Alpine Uconnect system. But I am confident in my ability to put speakers and an aftermarket deck in a truck that is totally different than mine. 

Well I found another thread on here for a mega cab build being done by @txdog27 that mentioned integration with a PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41. Amazon for $279. Man does that make me miss the days of a $60 deck and some RCAs. Oh well, times change.

And looks like I'll need a dsp as well for sound control, so I may go the route mentioned in that other thread with an Audiocontrol D-4.800 since that seems to be pretty flexible, even if it is a grip of cash I wasn't expecting to spend. But I'm not 100% sure on that part yet. Trying to keep it cheap with some subs and amp I had in the garage is turning out to be anything but that. 

I’m not 100% sure but I think the Rockford Fosgate DSR1 can be used on your Ram. I used it on my Ford with the Sony system and love it. Super easy plug and play DSP. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.