Stereo doesnt work when headlights turn on

Participant count
  • Participant list

Garrett Fawer

CarAudio.com Newbie
[SIZE=12pt]So i just got a new car (2005 mazda 3) , and I installed the radio myself and worked perfectly the first couple days. Then just today i turned my car on with lights and the radio said there was no signal, as in it was on, but “no signal...” would just show up on screen. Then when i turned off the car headlights the radio turned on and worked perfectly. So now when im driving at night i have no music.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]My radio can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07J6F58H2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]My harness adapter can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007KPRWO?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title[/SIZE]

P.S.

I apologize for breaking any forum rules I’m new to the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im gonna guess the HU puked then. If you used the harness, nothing in the car would cause this.

Last edited by a moderator:
It cost you $54... the quality cant be very good at all. And since it "worked fine" and then started acting up, it eliminates the car.
Well apparently my HU is fine i disconnected the orange dimmer wires and capped them off and now it works fine. Thanks for your advice. Its all good now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.