Audio system has little sound after truck sat for 6 months

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tidbit

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok I have an 02 Silverado 2500hd duramax. About 2 or 3 years ago I installed power acoustic flip out touch screen head unit, clarion eq, Orion 3000 watt mono sub amp 1ohm stable, Polk audio 4 channel 250rms per channel, Polk audio component speakers front and back. System always worked great and was clear and loud as hell. Due.to engine issues it had to sit for 6 months. After fixed I noticed all audio powers up, no blown fuses, eq works but I get no sound from any source unless I turn it all the way up to 50 max vol. Sounds is.intermittant and.sounds like your.on a station that doesnt get good reception. CD,  aux port and.Btooth all the same way

Could corrosion at my main 50 amp.fuse under good.cause this?

Ok I have an 02 Silverado 2500hd duramax. About 2 or 3 years ago I installed power acoustic flip out touch screen head unit, clarion eq, Orion 3000 watt mono sub amp 1ohm stable, Polk audio 4 channel 250rms per channel, Polk audio component speakers front and back. System always worked great and was clear and loud as hell. Due.to engine issues it had to sit for 6 months. After fixed I noticed all audio powers up, no blown fuses, eq works but I get no sound from any source unless I turn it all the way up to 50 max vol. Sounds is.intermittant and.sounds like your.on a station that doesnt get good reception. CD,  aux port and.Btooth all the same way

Could corrosion at my main 50 amp.fuse under good.cause this?
The clarion EQ (if you have the same one i suspect) has an input switch, make sure it's not pressed into the AUX position (can happen by accident). That would mean you'd just hear the cross-talk from the HU input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.