Sign in to follow this  
JSMCO

Old Boston Pro 10.5lf sub

Guys, I have 1 of these old Boston Pro 10.5lfs.  The 2 ohm.  It's in a small-about 0.4 cu ft sealed custom fiberglass enclosure for my dodge ram under the rear driver's side seat.  It's been running off of one side of a Rockford Punch 500s so getting 250W, according to the amp specs.  I don't have the certificate to know for sure what the actual wattage is.  The manual on these just says: Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-1100 watts.  That's a pretty wide spread but it seems it should be able to handle a lot more than the 250W.  It doesn't list max power.  The site speakerboxlite site says the max power is 2200 watts.  So I don't really know what the best RMS power would be to run this most efficiently.

Anyone here have any suggestions or real-life experience?  I bought a new Alpine PDR-M65 Amp, rated at 650 RMS into 2 ohms, the certificate says actual output is 796 watts into 2 ohms.  It seems that would do the trick pretty well, but before I take the plunge and switch out my amp, I thought I'd check here and see if anyone had some input.  Much Thanks.  

throw the biggest amp on there and set the gains for XXX amounts of watts.  Just because you have thousands of watts doesnt mean you need to use all of it. just check dustcap or coil temperatures.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this