Smaller better sub and box setup than FI for Jeep?

Participant count
  • Participants list

jeeper2269
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have an 07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door and the current box has an FI 12 “Q”. The box is pretty big and came out of my F150 I sold. 

I just upgraded the amp to a Teramps md3000. Sounds great, however, I am wondering if I can maybe sell the current box and sub and do a smaller encloser, with a different sub that would be best matched to the amp. 

Any ideas?

Here’s some pics of how big it is. 

EB5FB709-FE2F-4748-A35D-6992CE21887D.jpeg

A66271F7-C68B-4240-ACF1-38D9CF97A2F6.jpeg

you'll just have to accept a huge loss in output.
Really?

i totally thought there was something out there that would perform better in a smaller box with that much power. 

I have not personally heard one, but many have raved about the JL w7 in stealth boxes. I know they are expensive though. 

Really?

i totally thought there was something out there that would perform better in a smaller box with that much power. 

I have not personally heard one, but many have raved about the JL w7 in stealth boxes. I know they are expensive though. 
there is no better in terms of output spl.  maybe better tightness and accuracy with an SQ oriented sub but your output from a 12 to an 8 or 10 will drop drastically.

Gosh. It is really very big. I was thinking of putting this thing into my car but know I have some doubts about it due to its size.
Depends on what kind of car.  But I had this built for to fit where the rear single passenger seat folded up in my 2018 f150. 

What about two better tens 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.