Apple Car Play or just Bluetooth?

Participant count
  • Participant list

3rdDegree

CarAudio.com Newbie
My Pioneer AVIC-F900BT seems to have a touch screen issue that I am unsure I can resolve.  I bought it before it was reviewed and I have been fairly disappointed with it anyway, it takes forever to boot, Bluetooth works find but won't switch off when I turn my car off, just drops the call, not sure if it is my phone or the HU.  Lastly, during some update, my points of interests got lost, not that it matters as my maps are old.  Looking at my options compared to what I paid for this new, at a store, not online, it seems like everything is a great deal.  

I am looking for dual din regardless, it just looks better, many think my navigation is factory.  My girlfriend rented a car with Apple Play and it's my only experience.  I didn't play around so I don't know if this is a setting in Apple Car Play, iPhone, or maybe depends on unit but I recall if you wanted to change a song, you had to switch off navigation and to the music app as it didn't have a button to just go to the next song.  Is this true, and true of all devices or was it just this car?  Or the way it was set up in this car?  With my Pioneer AVIC-F900BT, I can switch songs without that, I just hit next and it changes on my iPod or iPhone, but it has to be physically connected on this unit.

It seems nice to be a nice compromise between just Bluetooth, or a unit with built in Navigation, I am just wondering about frustrations people may have.  

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.