Replacing dated setup, recommendations on components?

Participant count
  • Participants list

3rdDegree

CarAudio.com Newbie
I don't know the exact specs on my system as as I bought most of it in like 1999-2000.  Some of it was used, including my Infinity Kappa Components.  They are green and have a date printed of 1998 I believe.  Anyway, after many years, they finally failed.  I don't run my rear 6x9's and I just enjoy it better.  I have, to my recollection, 95 watts RMS per speaker, but I have a 4 channel amp, I cannot remember if that is bridged or per channel but I have a lot of power, or could bi-amp.  

I am not necessarily looking to "upgrade" these speakers, just replace with something similar.  I am a musician so I am very used to reference monitors rather than bass heavy speakers.  Because I use my car as a reference, accuracy is my greatest concern (one reason I don't use rear speakers too, I am not used to having speakers behind me).  According to some sites, the new Kappa components don't fit my 02 Honda Accord coupe.  I have just been out of the car audio game for about 20 years, outside of HU's, because my stuff just lasted and since I have owned Japanese cars, they have had the same size speakers.

I do have two 10 in subs, Infinity Reference which are plenty loud for me, using their own amp.  I don't have a budget in mind, but because it's more of a replacement than upgrading my factory setup, I would love something in the $150-300 range, preferable the lower end, and could go cheaper for a good product.  I just don't even know where to start because I have no point of reference, I used to be able to compare my friends cars but nobody I know has systems anymore.   If I could describe the sound in words, I prefer smooth and clean over something overly punchy, bass heavy, etc, especially if it makes things muddy.  I know I am not offering a long of info, just looking for a starting point.  I would prefer to stick in that budget (until I see what other cars I may buy in the future have speaker size wise) as I have no idea how long I will own the car, I hold on to it because it only has 85k on it, even though it is an 02.   

... Infinity Kappa Components.  They are green and have a date printed of 1998 I believe.  Anyway, after many years, they finally failed. 
Hey, sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved speakers. Are they 6.5" or 5.25"?

It's not expected for speakers of either size, installed into car doors, to produce bass. The great thing is we don't need to handle that as you already have subwoofers to do the "heavy lifting". 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.