Newbie needing sub tips/advice

ecojet

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've just recently started getting into audio systems and it's dawned on me that my stock system is garbage. Now I'm not an audiophile by any means (I use the built in presets in my headunit instead of making my own EQ band if that gives you any idea on how I am with sound.), but my stock system is pretty godawful, I'm replacing it all with whatever I decide, but the sub is the most of my concern as I am a rampant basshead.

I've been researching and I've been looking at a pioneer TS-A300B Sub, but I'm unsure of the quality as I can't really find any reviews on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

cheers

ecojet

IMG_9978.JPG

For simplicity i would go with a powered unit. This one is slightly cheaper and is powered.
You're seriously recommending a small SEALED, low powered prefab... to a self-proclaimed "Rampant Basshead"?

Q8gHV3.jpg

KhIlGd.jpg

That amp too  ^^^^... NO

Bravo.... Idk if I've ever seen a worse recommendation...  :clap:

This guy has been giving a lot of questionable advice lately but... wow... I gotta say this one takes the cake

Ok, so you are definitely not chasing SQ and more inclined towards SPL, so a ported boxes subwoofer system would be your choice along with a dedicated monobloc amp , a 1000rms dedicated amp will be a good start :fro:

Now since you mentioned you are not keen on prefab boxes, then only choice you have with a box is to custom made one to fit your vehicle area. That leaves you to either dosh out the greens to get one made or do it yourself, or, give your mate a slab of beer for doing one for you. :laugh:

would also suggest you visit some car audio shops around your area to see what they sell and recommend.   If you are after a particular brand, you could suggest or ask if they could get one for you but it all depends on what is available in your country :uhoh:

Not sure about your car audio options but in Australia, we have best of both worlds, European goods like Focal, Audison, Hertz, Vibe (British) and also goods from US brands such as Rockford Fosgate, Soundstream, DB, Arc Audio, Audison, then we also have the generic Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, Soundstorm, Audiobank, etc.

Lastly, it all comes down to how much dough you wish to spend on a subwoofer/s system and if you are chasing BIG bass, then a pair of 15's would certainly keep you happy. :suave: , but then 12's are also good depending on the box tuning and size to fit your ride!

20150228_215150.jpg

Ok, so you are definitely not chasing SQ and more inclined towards SPL, so a ported boxes subwoofer system would be your choice along with a dedicated monobloc amp , a 1000rms dedicated amp will be a good start :fro:

Now since you mentioned you are not keen on prefab boxes, then only choice you have with a box is to custom made one to fit your vehicle area. That leaves you to either dosh out the greens to get one made or do it yourself, or, give your mate a slab of beer for doing one for you. :laugh:

would also suggest you visit some car audio shops around your area to see what they sell and recommend.   If you are after a particular brand, you could suggest or ask if they could get one for you but it all depends on what is available in your country :uhoh:

Not sure about your car audio options but in Australia, we have best of both worlds, European goods like Focal, Audison, Hertz, Vibe (British) and also goods from US brands such as Rockford Fosgate, Soundstream, DB, Arc Audio, Audison, then we also have the generic Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, Soundstorm, Audiobank, etc.

Lastly, it all comes down to how much dough you wish to spend on a subwoofer/s system and if you are chasing BIG bass, then a pair of 15's would certainly keep you happy. :suave: , but then 12's are also good depending on the box tuning and size to fit your ride!

View attachment 5072
Straya #1 but not in the taxed goods area (i.e $480 for a kicker and amp combo, get fucked). anyway I’ve decided I’m going to try and get a pioneer 311D4SB, they’ve got like 400wrms which would be plenty to punch though the back seat of the bogans boat aka vx commodore. As for amps I’m **** out of luck as I do not know which one to get and basically no one has independently reviewed said sub. I’m thinking a mono channel for the sub maybe, Idk I’m open for any ideas and tips and cheers for the help mate

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.