Sign in to follow this  
ecojet

Newbie needing sub tips/advice

Hey guys, I'm new here and I've just recently started getting into audio systems and it's dawned on me that my stock system is garbage. Now I'm not an audiophile by any means (I use the built in presets in my headunit instead of making my own EQ band if that gives you any idea on how I am with sound.), but my stock system is pretty godawful, I'm replacing it all with whatever I decide, but the sub is the most of my concern as I am a rampant basshead.

I've been researching and I've been looking at a pioneer TS-A300B Sub, but I'm unsure of the quality as I can't really find any reviews on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

cheers

ecojet

IMG_9978.JPG

7 minutes ago, Talontsi90 said:

You should just give up on giving sub advice/recommendations. Nothing about that says fit for a bass head. Complete opposite actually. 

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 Dayton ultimax 8s 1.65 @35 amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  sa 15 3.5 @ 30hz or 2 type s12 6.3 @ 41 hz  or jbl s3 2.0 36hz. or nvx  vcw 10 1.1 @ 32hz  2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

Op finished his post with "cheers" meaning he's a Brit an Aussie or a Kiwi. 

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

And? Your point?

3 hours ago, Talontsi90 said:

And? Your point?

Limited access to the goods because of being in a different market. 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Talontsi90 said:

For simplicity i would go with a powered unit. This one is slightly cheaper and is powered.

You're seriously recommending a small SEALED, low powered prefab... to a self-proclaimed "Rampant Basshead"?

Q8gHV3.jpg

KhIlGd.jpg

That amp too  ^^^^... NO

Bravo.... Idk if I've ever seen a worse recommendation... :clap:

This guy has been giving a lot of questionable advice lately but... wow... I gotta say this one takes the cake

JVC KD-X350BTS, FI Bl-18v3d2, Deaf Bonce AAK 4000.1, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ250A Ces

Idk about him. At least he stopped with the kicker recommendations in every thread he post on. Still needs a lot of improvement though. Evidence above and all over the forum..

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 Dayton ultimax 8s 1.65 @35 amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  sa 15 3.5 @ 30hz or 2 type s12 6.3 @ 41 hz  or jbl s3 2.0 36hz. or nvx  vcw 10 1.1 @ 32hz  2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

Ok, so you are definitely not chasing SQ and more inclined towards SPL, so a ported boxes subwoofer system would be your choice along with a dedicated monobloc amp , a 1000rms dedicated amp will be a good start:fro:

Now since you mentioned you are not keen on prefab boxes, then only choice you have with a box is to custom made one to fit your vehicle area. That leaves you to either dosh out the greens to get one made or do it yourself, or, give your mate a slab of beer for doing one for you.:laugh:

would also suggest you visit some car audio shops around your area to see what they sell and recommend.   If you are after a particular brand, you could suggest or ask if they could get one for you but it all depends on what is available in your country :uhoh:

Not sure about your car audio options but in Australia, we have best of both worlds, European goods like Focal, Audison, Hertz, Vibe (British) and also goods from US brands such as Rockford Fosgate, Soundstream, DB, Arc Audio, Audison, then we also have the generic Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, Soundstorm, Audiobank, etc.

Lastly, it all comes down to how much dough you wish to spend on a subwoofer/s system and if you are chasing BIG bass, then a pair of 15's would certainly keep you happy.:suave:, but then 12's are also good depending on the box tuning and size to fit your ride!

20150228_215150.jpg

3 hours ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

Limited access to the goods because of being in a different market. 

Its a link to a certain model, shopping for it is on his own shoulders.

Edited by Talontsi90

1 hour ago, Talontsi90 said:

Its a link to a certain model, shopping for it is on his own shoulders.

It's a link to more worthless crap recommended by you is all it is. fking tard

Edited by fithwheel

4 hours ago, DRBOOM said:

Ok, so you are definitely not chasing SQ and more inclined towards SPL, so a ported boxes subwoofer system would be your choice along with a dedicated monobloc amp , a 1000rms dedicated amp will be a good start:fro:

Now since you mentioned you are not keen on prefab boxes, then only choice you have with a box is to custom made one to fit your vehicle area. That leaves you to either dosh out the greens to get one made or do it yourself, or, give your mate a slab of beer for doing one for you.:laugh:

would also suggest you visit some car audio shops around your area to see what they sell and recommend.   If you are after a particular brand, you could suggest or ask if they could get one for you but it all depends on what is available in your country :uhoh:

Not sure about your car audio options but in Australia, we have best of both worlds, European goods like Focal, Audison, Hertz, Vibe (British) and also goods from US brands such as Rockford Fosgate, Soundstream, DB, Arc Audio, Audison, then we also have the generic Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, Soundstorm, Audiobank, etc.

Lastly, it all comes down to how much dough you wish to spend on a subwoofer/s system and if you are chasing BIG bass, then a pair of 15's would certainly keep you happy.:suave:, but then 12's are also good depending on the box tuning and size to fit your ride!

20150228_215150.jpg

Straya #1 but not in the taxed goods area (i.e $480 for a kicker and amp combo, get fucked). anyway I’ve decided I’m going to try and get a pioneer 311D4SB, they’ve got like 400wrms which would be plenty to punch though the back seat of the bogans boat aka vx commodore. As for amps I’m shit out of luck as I do not know which one to get and basically no one has independently reviewed said sub. I’m thinking a mono channel for the sub maybe, Idk I’m open for any ideas and tips and cheers for the help mate

cheers

Edited by ecojet

10 hours ago, Talontsi90 said:

get that thing away from me 

10 hours ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

Aussie mang

6 hours ago, ecojet said:

get that thing away from me 

BUWAHAHHAHA you made my day good sir.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this