With IPhone Car Audio Needs More Volume

codyred

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2010 Lexus LS460 with the stock Mark Levinson audio system and listen to music in the car with my IPhone.  Problem is, I can listen with my car's stereo volume turned up close to maximum when I listen with the IPhone.  I always make sure the volume on the IPhone is turned up to maximum but I still have to turn the car's volume way up to near maximum to get good volume.  Threre just isn't enough gain going using the IPhone with the car's stereo. 

Is it possible for me to connect an amplifier like a FIIO E07k to the IPhone and then connect the FIIO to my car in order to boost the gain and get more volume out of my car's system?

If this isn't possible, is there some other electronics you can recommend to help the volume issue? 

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I have the same lacking in volume with BT Aux and USB.  Any suggestions on what device can remedy this? Would the FIIO E07k work? Some other portable amp?

Its possible, not sure what the output of the iPhone is on the head phone jack, but my Lumia 950 is night and day in my 2017 Mazda 3 GT with Blose. At least that FIIO isnt insanely priced, but more than i would spend as thats roughly 1/2 to 1/3 of a nicer HU.

On a different subject, the other day a guy driving an Audi A5 coupe pulled up next to me at a light and the bass of his car sounded so good I asked him if his system was aftermarket.  He said it was stock but he had an Alpine sub installed.  Now I'm lusting after an Alpine sub to put with my Mark Levinson sytem in the Lex. You have any thoughts on Alpine subs?

On your phone, have you looked at the settings under music?

i have had that problem before and I resolved it by turning the EQ and volume limit off

hope that helps

they stock setup doesnt go loud in the first place. All the fiio will do is clip the amp and distort your speakers unless you tried it out with a different phone that actually gets a lot louder then yeah go for it. You dont even need that fiio you can just do the 27 dollar one and you get plenty of gain control.

Thanks Jeff that is helpful. Garnell, yes the Volume limit is off, but I have the EQ on bass boost. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.