Need help to find the right amplifier

Participant count
  • Participants list

keankrer

CarAudio.com Newbie
Skjermbilde.PNG

Will this work and do I have the right amplifier for this job? Never done this before, so can someone please explain to me what I need to look for when buying an amplifier?

The amplifier i'm looking at:

https://www.ground-zero-audio.com/en/produkt/gzia-2235hpx-ii/

do i need an amplifier for the 2 30w speakers, my headunit have 4 channels that can handle 50w
those are fake numbers all aftermarket head units only make 10-15 clean watts per channel none of max/peak power bullsh*t thats used to trick noobs.

you definitely want a 4 channel amp. Dont worry about the power ratings, you can adjust how much power the speaker sees through amp gain settings. Always have more power on tap vs not enough power where your amp starts to clip and distort the signal which kills all your equipment.

those are fake numbers all aftermarket head units only make 10-15 clean watts per channel none of max/peak power bullsh*t thats used to trick noobs.

you definitely want a 4 channel amp. Dont worry about the power ratings, you can adjust how much power the speaker sees through amp gain settings. Always have more power on tap vs not enough power where your amp starts to clip and distort the signal which kills all your equipment.
could this one work?

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/GM+Digital+Series/GM-D8604#specs

do i need an amplifier for the 2 30w speakers, my headunit have 4 channels that can handle 50w
There's no reason to say "you NEED a 4 channel amp" when 2 of your speakers aren't going to work any better with ~100w than they will with 15-20.

So HU power on small speakers would be fine.  Pick up some bass blockers if your HU doesn't have a high pass filter.

There are plenty of reasons to go with a 4 ch, but if you just want good sound out of the speakers you have then HU on the 4's and amp on the 6x9's will be perfectly adequate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.