Fuzz/static noise while playing music?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fiveoh4

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just installed an aftermarket radio and new speakers. Right now if i play a song like "Pink Floyd Welcome to the Machine", you can easily hear the static or fuzz noise at the beginning of the song.

I put the stock radio back in and didnt hear any static, but the volume only goes to 30max and the aftermarket radio has no static at volume 30. The static will start around 40 and the max volume of the pioneer radio is 62. I also switched out the new aftermarket radio with another new pioneer radio and still the same(used same harness).. so that eliminates the radio at least. All speakers have static also, the car has 4 speakers and 2 separate tweeters. I also unplugged the tweeters and still had static.

I only plugged in the wiring harness to the radio leaving out the antenna to eliminate that and still has the static.

The speakers are x4 Kicker 43DSC6704 D-Series 6.75" 240W 2-Way 4-Ohm Car Audio Coaxial Speakers

Radio: Pioneer MVH-X390BT

Not sure what else to try.. thinking the speakers are just like this?

I just installed an aftermarket radio and new speakers. Right now if i play a song like "Pink Floyd Welcome to the Machine", you can easily hear the static or fuzz noise at the beginning of the song.

I put the stock radio back in and didnt hear any static, but the volume only goes to 30max and the aftermarket radio has no static at volume 30. The static will start around 40 and the max volume of the pioneer radio is 62. I also switched out the new aftermarket radio with another new pioneer radio and still the same(used same harness).. so that eliminates the radio at least. All speakers have static also, the car has 4 speakers and 2 separate tweeters. I also unplugged the tweeters and still had static.

I only plugged in the wiring harness to the radio leaving out the antenna to eliminate that and still has the static.

The speakers are x4 Kicker 43DSC6704 D-Series 6.75" 240W 2-Way 4-Ohm Car Audio Coaxial Speakers

Radio: Pioneer MVH-X390BT

Not sure what else to try.. thinking the speakers are just like this?
Did you ever happen to find a fix for this problem? I'm I'm the same situation where I'm positive all wires are good for my amp I've even tried 2 different amps and no matter what when I put my volume to 75% where I usually keep it for my max I hear static, if I turn the volume down the static volume goes down too. I'm convinced at this point it's something headunit related

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.