How Would a Rockville AMP compare to my old Kicker KX650.4?

Participant count
  • Participants list
How much power do I really need for the CDT's and for sub?How would these 2 amps compared to my old KX650.4? Do I need to go for the F2 model for more power? Do I look at RMS or CEA power ratings when trying to match with my speakers?https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rxa-f2/orhttps://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rxa-f1/HU: DEH 80-PRS(been a few years since I set it up but it's not in active mode?? I currently have crossovers for components & tweeters)Amp: Kicker KX650.4Old AMP which is being tested by a friend because of intermittent channel issues.https://www.crutchfield.com/S-2eCcr3...r-KX650-4.htmlSpeakers: 2x: CDT ES62i Component sethttps://www.cdtaudio.com/main_series/es/es62i.phpNew potential sub: 10TW1-4

Rockville ***** ass. Look at the amp dynos. Get the Kicker fixed, they say most repairs are under $100, you pay to ship to them and they ship back for free.

Rockville ***** ass. Look at the amp dynos. Get the Kicker fixed, they say most repairs are under $100, you pay to ship to them and they ship back for free.
My Kicker is being looked at by a friend. I'm was suggested these 2 amps on reddit for a low priced amp. 

I'll just link what was said. I'm open ideas & suggestions. Car is a small 2 seater & don't need a lot of power or best SQ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CarAV/comments/bcfie6/how_much_power_do_i_need_for_cdt_es62i_my/ekrhb6y/?context=3

Kicker Impulse 354ix sounds about right then. Or the Pioneer mentioned. That is, IF you need to buy a new amp. But like i said, get the Kicker fixed, having more power than needed is better than not enough.

rockville is cheap power for the cheap crowd but you'll definitely notice a difference downgrading from your kicker to the rockville. As said, get it fixed over buying new budget stuff.

most rockville amps actually dont do bad in dyno videos at all. Most meet rated power or right around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
rockville is cheap power for the cheap crowd but you'll definitely notice a difference downgrading from your kicker to the rockville. As said, get it fixed over buying new budget stuff.

most rockville amps actually dont do bad in dyno videos at all. Most meet rated power or right around it.

Kicker Impulse 354ix sounds about right then. Or the Pioneer mentioned. That is, IF you need to buy a new amp. But like i said, get the Kicker fixed, having more power than needed is better than not enough.
So you think Kicker would still repair an old amp like mine? I'll contact them tomorrow and see. If for some reason, parts are no longer available. 

What would you guys suggest for 100-150$ ish? 

So you think Kicker would still repair an old amp like mine? I'll contact them tomorrow and see. If for some reason, parts are no longer available. 

What would you guys suggest for 100-150$ ish? 
I just sent a 354ix, KX550.3, ZR240 and ZX460 and the 460 needed work and it cost $55 total. The only thing they might not be able to fix would be the casing, all the components are still made...

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if you want less sub, get a dual 4ohm and wire it in series for 8ohms.
or you just get the proper lowest impedance and turn the gain down and never come close to redlining the amp.. using 100% of the amp's capability at 8 ohms can still easily put you into clipping just as it will in 4 ohms but the difference is you'll get the output you need at 4 ohms far before you come close to getting full power.

or you just get the proper lowest impedance and turn the gain down and never come close to redlining the amp.. using 100% of the amp's capability at 8 ohms can still easily put you into clipping just as it will in 4 ohms but the difference is you'll get the output you need at 4 ohms far before you come close to getting full power.
It sounds like he doesnt want full volume and that amp will output full power with the gain all the way down.

I didnt think that amp would have a knob, but it does for Amp 2 when used as a sub amp.
sub level is the attenuation you can do on the head unit it directly affects the preout voltage signal coming out of the head unit which is a mini gain adjustment as well and it can go down to -24 db in most head units. Doesnt matter how sensitive the potentiometer of these amps are you can always make it work. I highly doubt it'll be too much power or output for anyone as well, he will most likely have the opposite issue, not enough output.

Jeffdachef said:
sub level is the attenuation you can do on the head unit it directly affects the preout voltage signal coming out of the head unit which is a mini gain adjustment as well and it can go down to -24 db in most head units. Doesnt matter how sensitive the potentiometer of these amps are you can always make it work. I highly doubt it'll be too much power or output for anyone as well, he will most likely have the opposite issue, not enough output.
Yea duh on that too, i forgot about the 80PRS lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.