Recommendations for an amplifier for a single cab pick up.

Bill doetreave

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, looking for some recommendations, vehicle is a 2013 Silverado, single cab. Rear two speakers are kicker csc46 4x6", 50wrms @ 4ohm. Front two are kicker css65 6.5" component speaker, 100wrms @ 4ohm. A 10" kicker compc 250 wrms, svc 4ohm. Lastly, I've got a single din head unit with a built in 40wrms x 4 @ 4ohm. 

I need some help figuring out which amp is right for the grear i've got, I've done some research, but I'm not sure which direction to go. So any wiring preferences, parallel or series. Should I get a 4 or 2 channels. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, looking for some recommendations, vehicle is a 2013 Silverado, single cab. Rear two speakers are kicker csc46 4x6", 50wrms @ 4ohm. Front two are kicker css65 6.5" component speaker, 100wrms @ 4ohm. A 10" kicker compc 250 wrms, svc 4ohm. Lastly, I've got a single din head unit with a built in 40wrms x 4 @ 4ohm. 

I need some help figuring out which amp is right for the grear i've got, I've done some research, but I'm not sure which direction to go. So any wiring preferences, parallel or series. Should I get a 4 or 2 channels. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
I would go pioneer. 8604 or 8704 bridged on your fronts. Rears off of deck power. You could also go pioneer, cant recall model number, for the sub as well. Good amps small price.

I have something close to it but little different.  Don't know what deck you have or connections. I have a toyo tacoma xcab and have Pioneer HU with 6 ch output  & 6.5 pioneer TS-Z65CH component  in front door and pioneer 6x8 in rear panel. Have 2 kenwood excelon XR401-4 high res amps that are 75 rms. One is in 4ch mode to 4 corners and the other is bridged to the 2 8" subs in back. So some what like me a basic set up. Pick-up truck 4 corners and subs in back. Depending on what you want to achieve. I wanted quality of sound like FLAC files. My system gets pretty loud but I'm not so much into DB but quality of sound  

But i wanted to say is the kenwood amps sound nice. Depending on what your budget is i would recommend the Kenwood amps. Plenty of power. kenwood has come out with nice amps the last few years and this year they have some nice new amps. Early last year i found some kenwood 400-4 (older non high res) models that had been Kenwood factory refurbished at really great prices on internet. you can still fine some for sale.  I know i had one till i changed it out for the excelon high res version. Kenwood has a new excelon 50rms amp out that i'm hearing good things about or the kenwood mini amp that was bench tested by , cant remember, on youtube that blew everyone away that i think was the 4 ch 45rms version. Or what about a 5 ch amp ?

so ya you can get one 4ch amp for the four corners and a 2 ch and bridge it to the single sub. Or you can get a 5 ch amp and only have to run one amp. Kenwood or the Pioneer amps are good for decent prices. Good thing is you have many good choices out there to list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did an install on a 2006 Z71 . I would go with a JL amp . Go 5 channels . Whatever you do you want to be able to control the front and rear highs . I have an extra cab so imaging might be a little different . I know I dont want my rear highs to outplay my front highs . Im still actually trying to decide if I want to do separates or a 4x6 like you on the rears .I saw a Pioneer amp I liked also . It was just under $400 . I couldnt believe they make a SQ amp at .05% distortion . All my life their amps have been .1% or more .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.