newbie need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

MO-SHY

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have problem in my car audio that I couldn't solve so far.  :( :(
I have 03 G-class and I did upgraded the sound system with no luck to have near to authentic/oem luxury car sound 
system.
I did the following:
- Replaced the head unit with an after market one that promote some of the new features such as AUX and Bluetooth.
-Alpine PDX-M6 Mono Channel powered MOREL Primo 124 
- front doors Morel 6.5 (hyperd) speakers.
- rear doors Morel 6.5HYBRID INTEGRA.
- Infinity REF3002CFX 3.5 (center speaker).
- Oem twitter (later replaced)
-MB Quart DA1-2000.4 2000 watt RMS 4 channels.

Here are the problems:
- During the installation I lost the Infinity speaker "got blown" and the front speakers , the guy who did the installation dunno why that happened. 
- The sound quality is normal you cant tell that there is high quality sound system in the car compare to any oem car has some known names of equipment.

due to that I did changed the front speakers and twitters with that brand:
CRITICAL MASS CM654A 6.5'' SPEAKER AUDIO COMPONENT JL  

To be honest I didn't not notice any difference!!! I know there is somethng wrong! 
I dunno if it`s from the head unit "chinese brand". or the amplifier!
should I change the amplifier with to 8 channels! in order deliver indented signal to each speaker! 
Hoestly I am lost and I duuno how I can have real sound system.
any idea will be appreciated 
thanks!

If you have an off-brand Chinese head unit, then yes, it's a problem overall.  They seem like a good deal but aren't made well at all.  Last one I installed spent about 5 minutes in the car before it was taken out and a Kenwood Excelon was ordered.

The methods you use to install speakers matters a lot.  Factory speakers have very good seals to door panels, and you have to make those from scratch with aftermarket.  if neglected, sound will suffer.  6-8 hours is a typical minimum effort for a good speaker install (resonance control, sound absorption, seals, and gaskets).  A great install is even longer.  I talk about that with the Everyday Audios crew in the podcast linked in my sig.

Note that an OEM system has a lot of time and attention spent (even if mediocre) to the install quality and air-tight seals.

Likely your speakers were blown due to lack of proper crossover settings.  Most amps lack high pass filters that go high enough for tweeters and small mids. A proper installer would know this and ensure each speaker has a proper crossover setting. Not sure how he wired all of those speakers to a 4 channel amp with the necessary crossover settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.