Thinking about replacing my speakers in my car

Participant count
  • Participant list
no aftermarket speakers will have good bass they are all designed with a subwoofer in the system in mind. With extensive door treatments, sound processing and a lot of amplifier power, you'll get some midbass but thats all you get, no sub bass under 50hz.

Those rockford's are going to sound like garbage. They are the lower end of their speaker line. Also if you are going to run them off the stock head unit or any aftermarket head unit none of the speakers you choose will sound all that great unless you put at least some sort of amplifier to them. While sonicelectronix doesn't always have the best stuff around if you input your vehicle year, make and model they will tell you what speakers fit and where. And if you do decide to buy from them sometimes they will send you the harnesses you need or adapter plates but not always. Just from looking there for the heck of it I can see a lot better options then what you are looking at. And yes for the rear speakers they will fit and the fronts will fit as well. I would really look for better options if you can afford it as Jeff said you are not going to get bass from co-axial speaker in the setup you are using. Your best bet is decent speakers with a 4 channel amp and then a subwoofer with amp in the trunk if you can afford to.

Do a little at a time that is what we all have to do with this stuff at least I have to that way you end up with better stuff down the road and you are happier with the end results instead of redoing it a couple times and wasting money.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/

forget about switching speakers. Add a 5 channel amp and a subwoofer. Amp your current speakers up and they will sound completely different. Adding subwoofer will literally do what you need and way more. Even those cheapo tiny hideaway subs will give you the bump you need better than any door speaker swap. 

Literally you are throwing money in the trash buying new speakers and not doing anything else to your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.