Which way to face the port?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeeper2269
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Installing my 12” FI “Q” in a ported (octoport) in my 07 Jeep Unlimited (hard top) In the back. The sub will be facing upward (obviously, as I have been told is the best) and need to know which way to face the port. 

Face it toward back seats  (toward front of cab) to the side (hitting the carpeted wheel well, not much space) or backwards?? 

back towards the hatch
Okay. It will look like this then ??

44091F7E-B140-4752-865A-361F73EFD0DB.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...
Id play some of your favorite music.. play with the enclosure. Ive enjoyed subs up port up in a small suv(CRV). Subs rear port rear do nice as...
Look at the JVC brand. I have an older unit with a removable face plate. Model KW-AV61BT. Contact Crutchfield.com support for some current...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...

About this thread

jeeper2269

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
jeeper2269
Somewhere, OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date