Need Head Unit advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

swade22mo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Greetings to all!

I need assistance in finding the best Head Unit that will do what I need (if it is even possible).  I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited with currently factory installed Infinity sound system.  I have since installed Halo RBG LED headlights, fog lights, and rock light systems which all run via bluetooth from a phone app. What I am looking for is a head unit that I can install the software on and control the HALO systems from the head unit rather than through the phone.  The rock light system app has the additional feature of synchronizing the LED lights to change color/flash with the music being played, but it has to be doing so through the simple media player within the App.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I think the only way you'd be able to accomplish what you want is by installing an android head unit (not to be confused with a regular head unit that has Android Auto compatibility). I don't have any experience with them, but I saw another thread here where someone was asking about them, and the other members were saying they are generally junk.

With regular head units, I'm not aware of any that allow full phone control. Something like Android Auto gives you limited control, but I doubt it'll give enough control over the lighting app. At best you'd be able to launch it and let it do its own thing. There are ways to screen mirror, but that would be a video only signal to the head unit and not allow any phone control.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.