Help with new system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Garnell01

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone,

I have been browsing this site for a while and wanted to ask for suggestions on a system.

I am in search of some 6.5s with good midbass.  I will not be running sub so I want something that has a little bit of thump.  

At first, I was leaning towards Alpine s-s65c component speakers for the front with the matching coaxials for the rears.  After searching I think I am leaning towards the SSA Evil 6.5.  Does anybody have any feedback between the two? And if I run the Evils, should I buy the 4 ohm or 8 ohm speaker? Especially when it comes to midbass.  Also, if I run the evils, what tweeters and crossover would you recommend for those speakers?

I will also be upgrading my amp.  I have narrowed the amp down to the pioneer 8604 or 8704, or the taramps ds 800x4.  Any feedback on any of those?

This will be going into a 05 Durango.  I will mount the tweeters into the door panel or a pillar, not sure which is best at the moment.

My current setup is: Pioneer AVH-2400NEX HU, Alpine MRV F300 amp, Phoenix Gold RX series 6.5 coaxials all the way around.

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
How much mounting depth do you have in the Durango doors? If you can find the depth, I’d go with Exodus Anarchy 704’s, but you’ll have to go with a big tweeter to play down to them. There is a pair on diyma right now for $125 bnib.

Otherwise, take a look at SB Acoustics, Silver Flutes, HAT, and CDT. There are lots of midbass drivers for sale on diyma right now.

How much mounting depth do you have in the Durango doors? If you can find the depth, I’d go with Exodus Anarchy 704’s, but you’ll have to go with a big tweeter to play down to them. There is a pair on diyma right now for $125 bnib.

Otherwise, take a look at SB Acoustics, Silver Flutes, HAT, and CDT. There are lots of midbass drivers for sale on diyma right now.
Thank you for the feedback.

just went out and measured, I have 7 inches from mount to door frame. Would this be enough room? I think I saw these were rated at 100w rms 4ohm, that taramp DS 800x4 should be enough to push it correct?

If you have 7 inches mounting depth, and doesn’t affect window operation, you are golden! That 800.4 should be a great amp to move a pair of Anarchys. Now there are 2 pairs for sale on diyma! If I didn’t already have 6, I’d pick them up...

why not run the Alpine MRV F300 amp to power the new speakers?  id bridge it to get 150x2

new speaker budget?

^^^^ if you have the alpine, bridge it to the anarchys run them with the door.. Do a pair of 6.5s in the kick panels for midrange, those silverflutes work fine and some tweeters, massive ct 2, alpine type X ring radiators from ebay (google search alpine hiend)  use your new pioneer amp to power the midrange and tweeter while your other amp is bridged to handle the midbass, use crossovers on the amp to low pass the midbass around 300-500hz and high pass the midrange around that too on the amp then use active networks on the pioneer to blend mid and tweets.

If you have 7 inches mounting depth, and doesn’t affect window operation, you are golden! That 800.4 should be a great amp to move a pair of Anarchys. Now there are 2 pairs for sale on diyma! If I didn’t already have 6, I’d pick them up...
Appreciate the advice! I purchased 2 from diyma already, they will be here tomorrow 👍🏾

^^^^ if you have the alpine, bridge it to the anarchys run them with the door.. Do a pair of 6.5s in the kick panels for midrange, those silverflutes work fine and some tweeters, massive ct 2, alpine type X ring radiators from ebay (google search alpine hiend)  use your new pioneer amp to power the midrange and tweeter while your other amp is bridged to handle the midbass, use crossovers on the amp to low pass the midbass around 300-500hz and high pass the midrange around that too on the amp then use active networks on the pioneer to blend mid and tweets.
I was thinking of selling the alpine amp, but that might be a good idea if I can hide the purchases from my wife lol

why not run the Alpine MRV F300 amp to power the new speakers?  id bridge it to get 150x2

new speaker budget?
My new budget isn’t much, around 150 for a pair. And if I bridge the amp will I still be able to power 4 door speakers with the amp. I am a newb and confused on bridging 

My new budget isn’t much, around 150 for a pair. And if I bridge the amp will I still be able to power 4 door speakers with the amp. I am a newb and confused on bridging 
Bridging channels gives you more output(often double or more) but takes 2 channels for each driver. 4x100 amp may turn into a 2x200, for example. Be mindful of the impedence when bridging channels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.