Advice!! Kenwood 6904S

Participant count
  • Participant list

Laoboi

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently upgraded the sound system in my car and I'm not getting the sound I want. I thought the sound would be louder and richer. Not sure if I need to upgrade my speakers or add another subwoofer.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Are my speakers under powered?  I have the following in my car:

Kenwood Excelon 6904S

Kenwood KFC-1795PS - Front

INFINITY KAPPA 693.11i 6 x 9"  - Rearhttp://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1140...18&itemid=281554736988&qu=1&sojTags=bu=bu

JL Audio ACS110LG-TW1

Thanks

first off you didnt even list the amp you are using for the front speakers. If its off head unit power, GET an actual amp with 100rms x 4 channels minimum 

second... you spent too much money on the rears speakers. and cheaped out on the front. You should be spending 0 dollars on the rear and put all the money towards the front speakers for a properly done setup. Rears do nothing other than fk up your sound stage and pull the sound to the rear rather than a live performance right on your car dash the way music is supposed to be heard in a car. 

You also spent a lot of money on a weak sub setup that wont get you any results. Space makes bass if you cant give up space, you arent getting any bass.

also have the sub far away from you, firing towards a rear wall in the trunk or cargo area or boot whatever etc..   If its a truck, GG you not gonna get jack sh*t from a sealed box both SQ and loudness wise.

I appreciate the response. I sent the JL powered sub back to Crutchfield and I purchased Infinity Kappa 60 CSX for the front.  I still have the 693's in the rear and the 6904S headunit. Which amp and sub would you recommend? Kicker 44KXA800?? I want a loud rich sound.. Bass is good, but not trying to disturb the peace unless I wish to do so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.