Sign in to follow this  
ArcImpala

Head unit turning volume down?

Im running an Arc Audio 1200.6 with an idmax 12 and an LC7 to GM MyLink. For some reason on certain tracks when im barely at half volume, it turns the volume down by itself.

Sounds like you have some sort of speed assisted volume.  Make sure its disabled.

Its new generation 2014 Chevy impala, it does have the ANC but the shop that installed it took care of the ANC on it. So im thinkin im clipping. It's a 1200.6 amp and i did NOT do any electrical upgrades. I noticed my trunk dome light dims on very bass heavy songs. No headlights or cabin lights dimming. So maybe i need to upgrade electrical? It's a stock 150amp alternator.

3 hours ago, ArcImpala said:

Its new generation 2014 Chevy impala, it does have the ANC but the shop that installed it took care of the ANC on it. So im thinkin im clipping. It's a 1200.6 amp and i did NOT do any electrical upgrades. I noticed my trunk dome light dims on very bass heavy songs. No headlights or cabin lights dimming. So maybe i need to upgrade electrical? It's a stock 150amp alternator.

"Took care of it" how? Did they wire the amp to the trunk light or something? Pics?

They just cut it? That's all you have to do to cancel the ANC on the bose centerpoint system at the amp. I should note that the shop that does my installs is a very reputable Arc Audio dealer in my area. I did not do any install myself. I suspect i may need to do a big 3 upgrade that would help my trunk light dimming. Im running 6x9s and 6.5s in series for my backfill since my sub is running bridged on 5&6. Perhaps not enough power to split on big bass drops?

Edited by ArcImpala

Being a reputable dealer doesnt mean they have good installers, not being argumentative, just a fact. Im guessing you have the trunk open when you observe it dimming? Most trunk lights cut the positive with a switch and are grounded through the body, so maybe its just overly sensitive?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this