Assistance required for Speaker replacement

Participant count
  • Participant list

ritual93

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all,

I own a Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost 2017 with the B&O play included.

The current speakers are 2x 25mm Tweeters (Dashboard), 1x 63mm Midrange Driver (Dashboard), 2x 160mm Woofer (Front door) and 2x 25mm Tweeter/160mm Woofer (Back Doors)  My car doesn't include the subwoofer.

The front passenger side woofer has blown, the bass is perfect, but the more midrange frequencies it rattles and distorts really badly to a point it is ruining the listening experience.

I would like to find some good front door woofer replacements, I am just confused as to which would be the most suitable for my setup, as I've looked online and I see Mid-range or Full-range speakers, but nothing for front door 'woofers'? As the car has a dedicated mid-range speaker on the dashboard (which is very powerful I have to add) I think the front door speakers are meant to handle the lower frequencies rather than more mid-range

Also, I cannot seem to find detailed specs of the B&O factory speakers, things like the frequency range or wattage (RMS, continuous etc.) so that is also contributing to the confusion of purchasing aftermarket speakers.

I did originally call Ford directly for replacement speakers but their prices are abysmal so I told them to shove it and would rather get a decent pair.

Also in the near future, I would be looking at replacing the back door woofers as they are a bit crappy in my opinion

Any assistance / advice would be greatly appreciated, if you need any more information, please let me know. 

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so the speaker plays but it starts to sound bad at mid range frequencies.  So in theory the speaker voice coil is not fried as yet :fro:

if you have not opened to door to actually inspect the speaker, you cannot assume what the issue is, could be something hindering the speaker itself so my suggestion to you would be to remove the door trims to access the speaker, take it out and run it using some sort of music source.   If it sounds perfect then there may be something hindering its performance.  If it turns out being faulty, then you may have to contact some car wreckers around your area, for a start to find a replacement. :uhoh:  

If you are happy with how the stock speakers sounds then there is not point replacing the whole components.   Now if your search is up to no avail, then you will be left with finding alternative / aftermarket components.    I do hope you find a replacement from the wreckers but lets not go there first, as you have your work cut out to take the necessary steps into rectifying your issue.

Good luck and let us know how you go mate!

1500779127188.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.