Blew subwoofer - replaced it - still not getting any bass

Participant count
  • Participants list

lobsterback46

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone, 

I was dumb and blew my subwoofer...listening too loud too long.  

My symptom was the base getting cut out of the music for a bit and then coming back, until it never came back. It was an old JL 10w V1. I just replaced it with the same model(but newer) and hooked everything up but I am not getting any bass. 

I have a JL audio Slash 500v2 as my amp. Do I need to reset a fuse on the amp? Have I damaged the amp too? 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks! 

1st thing I read was too loud too long, IF the gain was properly set, it wouldn't happen.

Does the LED light come on on the amp at all? Check fuse going to amp or on side amp itself.

Would suggest you take the following steps: 

• check if your amp lights up or not in protection mode;  If it is, then chances are, you have fried the amp or may need fixing; :blackeye:
  • check speaker output connection on the amplifier to the subwoofers;
  • check RCA connection to the amp is secure;
  • check power, ground, remote wire;
  • With adding a new subwoofer, you will need to re-adjust your amp to suit your subwoofer so you don't drive it into clipping;
  • check your new subwoofer with multimeter so its not faulty or has a dead voice coil in between.
  • If you have access to another amp, replace your current amp to see if the problem remains;
  • Hopefully troubleshooting with the above suggestions may remedy your issue.
  • Let us know how you go mate! :graduate:

Is the sub 4ohm?

the amp is 500watt rms @ 1.5ohms 

in the manual it says if you run 4ohms the amps rms is 250, if the sub is 500rms you've more than likely blew the amp 

Is the sub 4ohm?

the amp is 500watt rms @ 1.5ohms 

in the manual it says if you run 4ohms the amps rms is 250, if the sub is 500rms you've more than likely blew the amp 
Ok I have to say something now after reading your stupid comments/posts.

I'd love to know how you can blow an amp before the sub, esp since you know very little on what happened in his situation. Please don't reply with guesses....it makes you even dumber.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.