Anyone use the new Sony head unit MEX-GS820 BT?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mikey T

CarAudio.com Recruit
My budget for one is $250 and I've been looking at several. This one has a ton of features and has a 5v out signal to match my amp. Has anyone used it or are there others I should consider?  I'm using a 5 channel amp for power not the head unit even though is has 45watts rms because I never put much faith in a radio's ability to make clean power.

The Pioneer DEH-80PRS is still the go to for head units as it is a Stage 3 head unit and has all those features you are looking for. Can find them for 250 all day long on Ebay and Amazon. Ignore the 350 price on Pioneer's website.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-80PRS

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006Y44DAY/ref=sr_1_1_olp?crid=1TAT33RTV9N9X&keywords=pioneer+deh-80prs&qid=1554698585&s=gateway&sprefix=pioneer+deh%2Caps%2C237&sr=8-1

My budget for one is $250 and I've been looking at several. This one has a ton of features and has a 5v out signal to match my amp. Has anyone used it or are there others I should consider?  I'm using a 5 channel amp for power not the head unit even though is has 45watts rms because I never put much faith in a radio's ability to make clean power.
that head unit is only relevant if you are not using amps. Otherwise if you are amping your setup, the pioneer 80 prs 100% sh*ts on that head unit in every way possible.

Just looked at this one and it looks awesome!!!  Thanks for the recommendation.  I believe I will be going with this one instead.

I have a Kenwood KDC-X998 with a ton of great features and some of the ones that that Pioneer has and I am going to that Pioneer here shortly. It may have come out a few years ago but it is still the probably the best option out there other then their Stage 4 Head Unit that costs an arm & a leg to buy.

And Jeff it looks like he is using amps from his previous inquiries here on the forum.

The Pioneer DEH-80PRS is still the go to for head units as it is a Stage 3 head unit and has all those features you are looking for. Can find them for 250 all day long on Ebay and Amazon. Ignore the 350 price on Pioneer's website.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-80PRS

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006Y44DAY/ref=sr_1_1_olp?crid=1TAT33RTV9N9X&keywords=pioneer+deh-80prs&qid=1554698585&s=gateway&sprefix=pioneer+deh%2Caps%2C237&sr=8-1
Got mine installed a few weeks ago and I gotta say I got the best deal vs. everyone that paid 250+ for it @ 217 shipped bnib. I couldn't pass it up.

038.jpg

Where in the h*ll did you get a deal like that? I am going to order mine here as soon as eBay runs another 10% extra eBay bucks promotion. That stuff adds up every 3 months which is nice for when you do a purchase like this!

Where in the h*ll did you get a deal like that? I am going to order mine here as soon as eBay runs another 10% extra eBay bucks promotion. That stuff adds up every 3 months which is nice for when you do a purchase like this!
Right place at the right time. I did a massive googling search and 1 particular website came up with the best price out of others group combined. I looked pretty hard for a few days prior and jumped on the deal. They're now 259. They had some in stock weren't selling and lower the price until they start selling. Then when the demand is high, price goes up. Its like that on everything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.