NavTV (Zen Audio) for GM

Participant count
  • Participants list
ArcImpala said:
Hello, new to the forum and pretty new to car audio, but im just curious if anyone here is running the NavTV unit for GM and wondering what your thoughts and experiences are with it!

Thanks!
Zen Audio is one of the upper echelon manufacturers of OEM audio system interfaces. If your vehicle is covered by their product you can be assured you're getting a world class solution backed by world class support. 

Zen Audio is one of the upper echelon manufacturers of OEM audio system interfaces. If your vehicle is covered by their product you can be assured you're getting a world class solution backed by world class support. 
Thanks, i am just curious because I'm doing an arc ps8 dsp and wasnt sure if i should just skip the Zen Audio unit. But i think I'll do without it.

Thanks, i am just curious because I'm doing an arc ps8 dsp and wasnt sure if i should just skip the Zen Audio unit. But i think I'll do without it.
Hang on. A Zen Audio interface is intended to be placed into the signal path before a DSP like Arc Audio PS8. 

What are you looking to accomplish with your sound system upgrades? Tell me more.

Hang on. A Zen Audio interface is intended to be placed into the signal path before a DSP like Arc Audio PS8. 

What are you looking to accomplish with your sound system upgrades? Tell me more.
From what my shop tells me, i could do without navtv with the ps8. It would just need quite a bit more tuning, they say the navtv just makes tuning for them a hell of a lot easier. It would just save me $700.00 (without install). For now i have an lc7(hence, the ps8 i would like), XDi 1200.6 running everything plus my sub. Im just adding a second woofer, a second set of tweeters, and sticking the subs on their own X2 monoblock, then im taking the power that's running my sub, and putting my 6x9s on that channel. They are currently sharing power through a single channel so my sub could have 5&6. Like i said, I'm still new to car audio, so i go by what my shop tells me. But the shop definitely doesn't seem like a bunch of goofballs from a local high school. They've done 2 other installs for me and i haven't had any issues. From what i gather they seem to be a pretty experienced shop as they also do MUCH higher end installs than mine.

Edit: as far as accomplishments, that's about all im trying to do right now. Next year i plan to go full active and upgrade from XDi series speakers to the RS. Also, thanks for responding to my thread lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what my shop tells me, i could do without navtv with the ps8. It would just need quite a bit more tuning, they say the navtv just makes tuning for them a hell of a lot easier. It would just save me $700.00 (without install). For now i have an lc7(hence, the ps8 i would like), XDi 1200.6 running everything plus my sub. Im just adding a second woofer, a second set of tweeters, and sticking the subs on their own X2 monoblock, then im taking the power that's running my sub, and putting my 6x9s on that channel. They are currently sharing power through a single channel so my sub could have 5&6. Like i said, I'm still new to car audio, so i go by what my shop tells me. But the shop definitely doesn't seem like a bunch of goofballs from a local high school. They've done 2 other installs for me and i haven't had any issues. From what i gather they seem to be a pretty experienced shop as they also do MUCH higher end installs than mine.

Edit: as far as accomplishments, that's about all im trying to do right now. Next year i plan to go full active and upgrade from XDi series speakers to the RS. Also, thanks for responding to my thread lol.
Ok. It seems like you don't need my help. It would help to satisfy my curiosity if you shared what year, make and model of vehicle this is. 

Ok. It seems like you don't need my help. It would help to satisfy my curiosity if you shared what year, make and model of vehicle this is. 
Of course, its a 2015 chevrolet impala ltz (new generation) with the lame factory 11 speaker bose system. Oem is just too integrated now for simple swaps. However, i did have an issue and am curious on your input. A month ago or so my system started to randomly turn the volume down on its own and it hadnt ever done that the previous 12 months it's been installed to that incident. I guess my question would be, is it possible that the audio playback device(galaxy s8+) was sending clipped signals to my lc7 therefore turning down at the head unit? I recently haven't had the issue within the last 3 weeks since I've upgraded my phone (s10+) and im just curious.

is it possible that the audio playback device(galaxy s8+) was sending clipped signals to my lc7 therefore turning down at the head unit? I recently haven't had the issue within the last 3 weeks since I've upgraded my phone (s10+) and im just curious.
It's possible but I don't understand how. The question is pointing to a signal change affecting a device upstream of the signal path. Clipped audio is common. Depending on where and when and how long it's happening it could be harmless, annoying, or destructive. 

Since it stopped happening and it seems nothing was harmed I'd let it go from your thoughts.

I used the vehicle information to be sure the shop was most likely showing you M650-GM. Considering that GM Bose systems have been employing all pass filters in late model vehicles, which cannot be "corrected" with an audio correction DSP, I would make it easier and get the M650-GM. Until a different manufacturer offers a similar solution that is the best way to handle this if great sound is the top priority for this investment. 

The M650-GM produces a completely flat audio output without any factory time delay or equalization, eliminating the need for summing devices, an audio correction DSP or the removal of the factory audio compensation microphones. It is 100% plug-and-play, installing at the factory tuner in both amplified and non amplified GM vehicles. Installation of the interface requires absolutely no modification to the vehicle or the removal of any factory equipment and can be used when completely replacing the factory speakers, or in any combination utilizing the factory audio components. Volume, Fade and Balance are supported through the factory radio and steering wheel controls.
https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT838/m650-gm.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.