No sound from subs?

Sushi VII

CarAudio.com Newbie
I hooked everything up putting in my amp and subs, but the subs dont make any sound. The subs do make a thump sound when completing the circuit but thats it. The green light shows on the amp showing power. I dont know what I did wrong but obviously something is.

20190406_210151.jpg

20190406_210007.jpg

20190406_205937.jpg

20190406_205929.jpg

20190406_210230.jpg

Good Grief! 🤣

Well for one you have your speaker wires into the Power and Ground wire terminals instead of putting them into the speaker wire terminals,lol.

Take the positive speaker wire and put it into the positive mono speaker terminal and then the negative speaker wire and put it into the mono negative speaker wire terminal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what I was thinking! I don't think I have EVER seen this in 25 years of messing with car audio off and on.
I can honestly say with all that ive seen in almost 30 years, this is certainly the first time. Usually the most common is buying a harness only to hack off the factory plug lol.

Same here that is probably the most common thing I have fixed for friends vehicles when they have installed new head units. And when I asked why they didn't spend the 8-15 bucks on a harness their response was always "that is a waste of money I am keeping the vehicle so why bother". And then usually they will sell the vehicle in a year or two and then they would call me to fix their screw ups as they would always cut the wires right at the harness then I would have to pull the pins and re-do all the wires,lol. I finally told them if they are that cheap I'll buy the damn harness then and install the stuff myself. Except for one or 2 people they would buy it then after that and do it the right way.

Wow lol. I thought i seen it all by now. How the he'll do you f**k up something like that?!. I bet this is a troll posting.

OK, not the worst install I have seen but I have seen worst in my 32 years in the hobby :fro:

I would like to suggest a few things to help with your issue.

• Firstly, buy a power distribution block and run each wires respectively to the nominated audio gear, as the install job poses a threat to you and your ride so do this ASAP, remember what Young MC said, ' got no money and you got no car so you got no woman and there you are!' - Bust a move - Young MC. :veryhapp:
  • Once you have done that, check your head unit if it has a provision to run a subwoofer as it looks like only one pair of RCA is connected to the head unit.  If not sure about your head unit settings, take it to a car audio shop so they can check it out for you.
  • In most cases. you have to option of choosing Speaker / Subwoofer (yes/no) and then it may prompt you to select subwoofer frequency and loudness like, 0db, 3db, 6db and reverse db as well.
  • Then check on your amp that its not set as 'high pass mode' and that's the reason why your subwoofer is not operating as usual.
  • Then, check with the multimeter on your subwoofer connection, it should pose a 1/2/4/8 ohm resistance depending on your subwoofer.  If unsure, take the subwoofer out to check reading,
  • Another way of checking speakers is using a pen light battery and connect it to the terminals with 1.5 volts, it should create a scratching sound, to advise you that the voice coils are not fried, at least not yet! :laugh:
  • If your head unit issue with subwoofer controls are all good and the subwoofer is ok, then also check the RCA cables.  Run another pair to the amp to see if it works.  Faulty RCA's do tend to pose a nightmare as they do fail over time.
  • Hopefully one of these suggestions may remedy your problem.
Let us know how you go mate!

1389395883349.jpg

1389395894569.jpg

This can't be real......

Besides wiring the subs to the power/ground.....are those two 30A fuses and a 2A in the amp?? How long are those drywall screws that you used to secure the external fuse into the factory fuse box? I'm really hoping you didn't use anything over an inch....

If this is a real post, please stop what you are doing. Disconnect your amp to prevent further damage to your vehicle and system. Please, for the love of god, take this to a reputable shop to have it professionally installed. 

EDIT: I just realized it's supposed to have two 30's and 1 2A. I am guessing the 2A is for the illumination since this is the "illuminite" series of Dual amps? I thought that was the high level ouput next to the fuses but apparently that is for running running the external lights.....high level is on the opposite end. Well, I take back my ill thoughts towards the OP because I thought he used different sized fuses because he didn't know any better lol. 

Bravo op... this thread appears to be a tour de force of poor equipment choice enhanced by major installation problems...

Looks like a total absolute fail.

The only major thing missing is a photo of the main amp power wire run thru the doorjamb, and the ensuing fire that'd probably happen.

If this is actually a real install... 

Get hands-on help please

I'm wondering what else has to be fixed?

This can't be real......

Besides wiring the subs to the power/ground.....are those two 30A fuses and a 2A in the amp?? How long are those drywall screws that you used to secure the external fuse into the factory fuse box? I'm really hoping you didn't use anything over an inch....

If this is a real post, please stop what you are doing. Disconnect your amp to prevent further damage to your vehicle and system. Please, for the love of god, take this to a reputable shop to have it professionally installed. 
I TOTALLY MISSED THAT! Hahahahahaha wow this gets worse by the day. He really should not be messing with car audio or anything electrical period!

Well I looked over all the comments and corrected the speaker wire location attached to the subs that were in the ground and power slots on the amp, to the + and - on the bridge and its all working. I tested for any drain on the battery and its good.

I had the small screws that came with the fuse holder but I lost those so I used the screws in the pic which are only slightly longer, but doesnt touch anything. The fuse box was the only place where nothing would get in the way.

The way I have it all hooked up now is how it was hooked up by someone else in my other car which is how it was for 8 years with no problems.

But for further safety Ill get around to other recommendations from this thread.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.