crossover question

Participant count
  • Participants list

Boombee

CarAudio.com Newbie
my current setup in my vehicle are two subs two 6.5 componet sets and 6.5 in the rear door. my question is the componet sets came with a passive crossover i just purchased a good electronic crossover that i want to add how would i wire the speakers all the tweets to their own channel and 6.5s to a seperate channel and get rid of the passive crossovers or can i keep the passive crossovers still using the electronic crossover. thanks for any help

I have a 12.1" tesla syle headunit. Purchased crossover to improve my sound system’s volume potential and dynamic capability feeding my highs,mids and subs the correct range

Tesla "style" HU? You mean an iPad? An external crossover only works with external amps, you cannot use it with an iPad.

I have two amps one for subs and one for mids and hi's ? Thought i already implied this by listing my speakers already unless you thought i was running subs off my hu ??🙄

Last edited by a moderator:
no i didnt your right, but in my first post i mentioned the speakers i have and subs being one of them. i have a headunit its not an ipad its a 12"  android radio screen with front,rear, and sub outputs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.