Driver or passenger side port

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok I apologize if this was brought up a million times but I tried using the search thing on here and couldn’t find it. Anyways, typically when I make a box I end up having the port on the drivers side and when I open the passenger window it seems louder. So since I’m driving I’d rather have it seem louder with my window open. Could I get that effect by just putting the port to the passenger side? Sub will be firing up, port back and going in my explorer.

thanks

Ok I apologize if this was brought up a million times but I tried using the search thing on here and couldn’t find it. Anyways, typically when I make a box I end up having the port on the drivers side and when I open the passenger window it seems louder. So since I’m driving I’d rather have it seem louder with my window open. Could I get that effect by just putting the port to the passenger side? Sub will be firing up, port back and going in my explorer.

thanks
Yes, generally the side opposite the port meters better. The last box I had in my ext cab truck was sub forward port pass side

thanks
no, doesnt matter what side the port is, the side opposite to the window opened will always be louder if the window is fully closed on that side. if you want it balanced and even, you want both windows down evenly.  Port it to passenger side if you want the driver side louder. 

Yes, generally the side opposite the port meters better. The last box I had in my ext cab truck was sub forward port pass side

no, doesnt matter what side the port is, the side opposite to the window opened will always be louder if the window is fully closed on that side. if you want it balanced and even, you want both windows down evenly.  Port it to passenger side if you want the driver side louder. 
Ok thanks guys. Ported on passenger side it is!

Ok thanks guys. Ported on passenger side it is!
Let me clarify, it meters better where the drivers head is. It will (in general) lose output at the "official" meter location

I’m not worried about numbers, it just gonna be for music and if I am bumpin I’m usually alone anyway. If I ever come across a term lab for cheap or if someone that lives close by has one it would be cool to see what kind of numbers I could get though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.