Budget friendly 500w amp @ 1 or 2 ohms

Participant count
  • Participants list

Stingroo
10+ year member

Car is 2002 Corvette hatch/targa. I have one of those prefab boxes that goes in the storage compartment. I know - prefab blahblah but it's sealed, and I'm not looking for earth-shattering here.

My plan was to buy a Skar VD-10. Haven't pulled the trigger yet whether d2 or d4. 

If I get the d2, I can wire it down to 1 ohm, if I get the d4 I can wire it to 2 ohms.

So... what's my best budget-friendly option to get a true 500w out there?

Open to used as well. 

Why not?

Open to suggestions on a better shallow 10. I've never personally run any of their gear but know a lot of people who have and they all seem happy with it. Was actually thinking about the skar SK-M5001D amp, but don't know a lot about it so I figured someone else might have a proven option. 

Yeah sealed. 0.85 cu ft chamber. 5" depth.

Not a whole lot of room out there so I figured the shallow skar would be a decent option. I can buy one for $80. 

10 or 12" woofer is fine. Can get the box in either configuration. Not trying to set the world on fire here, just needs some bass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone should post that picture of their friends Skar Audio subwoofer showing up like it had been through a war! I would also look at the Sundown Audio S3-10" they are selling them for 145 refurbished at this link. I ordered one and they said about a week before it shipped. They are about 4.75" on depth iirc.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/sundown-audio/255762-refurbished-sub-woofers-%40-sundown-2019-a.html

If I hadn't bought that Sundown I would have gone with the Dayton Audio they suggested. I am also in your situation but have .65 sealed to deal with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.