some speaker to amp questions

Participant count
  • Participants list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
i have the crescendo pwx 6.5 these are really good but i dont like that i limit them at 5600 hertz and want speakers more on the higher vocal area where theres 

https://gpcaraudio.com/deaf-bonce-apocalypse-ap-m60a-v2/

im not sure if ill hear a big difference or not where the deaf-bounce goes to 14000 hertz. would i get about the same amount of midbass or more with the deaf bouce? 

the pwx aint in any sort of enclosure its just in my door, someone told me it has to be properly enclosed to get any sort of real midbass but i feel my sub handles all the bass so whats the real point of midbass? might as well have my mids do some clear vocals.

its being powered by a ppi900.4 at 4 ohms its suppose to be pushing 145rms.

another question is if my pair of tweeters and mid speakers are running active to my amp how does my head unit know whats a mid and whats a tweeter when i do the crossover through the headunit? 

like if i set my crossover for my highs as low as 5600 and my midbass to 5600 to take over how does it know which speaker or channel is suppose to be at what hertz?

and are bassblockers caps necessary for my tweeters?

The head unit is just stable like that, one for high, one for mid and one for low you just need to have your RCAs in the right area.  Your mids shouldnt even be playing past 4000hz your tweeter should have taken over way before that.  You dont need bass blockers for your tweeters Just set the crossover slope and point properly. I'd seriously learn how to properly tune along with proper deadening first before you play the "lets swap speakers like underwear" game like a noob, you arent a noob man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.