Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy11

Sub amp recommendations please

25 minutes ago, Jeremy11 said:

Also @Jeffdachef and @Popwarhomie whats the difference between the hd and md lines? Figured I would ask since you guys appear to both run taramps and recommended those 2. Thanks.

MD is slightly better in every way and is slightly more expensive. 

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

MD line is replacing the HD line. 

Ill post the full differences in the morning after I sleep off this alcohol 😂

Annnnnd Good morning. Here is the difference.

MD has a flatter FR

Power rating is at a lower frequency.

Power rating is at 12.6 volts

Rated power is at 1% THD

Fully insulated inputs and outputs

Better protection circuit

Board layout is different.

Edited by Popwarhomie

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

12 hours ago, Popwarhomie said:

MD line is replacing the HD line. 

Ill post the full differences in the morning after I sleep off this alcohol 😂

Annnnnd Good morning. Here is the difference.

MD has a flatter FR

Power rating is at a lower frequency.

Power rating is at 12.6 volts

Rated power is at 1% THD

Fully insulated inputs and outputs

Better protection circuit

Board layout is different.

Nice,thanks. Best place to purchase? Amazon or??

42 minutes ago, Jeremy11 said:

Nice,thanks. Best place to purchase? Amazon or??

Amazon from the seller Taramps is a good place.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:19 PM, Popwarhomie said:

Amazon from the seller Taramps is a good place.

I must be an idiot, wait dont answer that,  but I cant find taramps as a seller on amazon. I see plenty if offerings of this amp. Was kinda hoping to have something to fall back on if its defective for any reason. 

5 hours ago, Jeremy11 said:

I must be an idiot, wait dont answer that,  but I cant find taramps as a seller on amazon. I see plenty if offerings of this amp. Was kinda hoping to have something to fall back on if its defective for any reason. 

That right there is my reason for never buying anything other than consumables on AZ...They NEVER back the buyer on shitty transactions like eBay does. Doubt people will ever learn...

1 hour ago, Talontsi90 said:

That right there is my reason for never buying anything other than consumables on AZ...They NEVER back the buyer on shitty transactions like eBay does. Doubt people will ever learn...

as long as its amazon fullfilled you get everything back and fast with barely any wait time. You arent dealing with 3rd party sellers you are dealing with amazon them self and they get everything taken care of fast and efficient and painlessly. You only get fked if you buy from third party places on amazon.  A good indicator of legit sellers is the amazon prime status.   Amazon is 100000x better sh*tty fleabay, dealing with 3rd party sellers waiting literally forever for a damn refund, countless fake accounts, scammers running rampant, fake review bots everywhere, not a single educated proper review in sight. As a seller you are literally there to get fked and scammed as well.... ebay is a godamn sh*tshow. 

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

7 hours ago, Jeffdachef said:

as long as its amazon fullfilled you get everything back and fast with barely any wait time. You arent dealing with 3rd party sellers you are dealing with amazon them self and they get everything taken care of fast and efficient and painlessly. You only get fked if you buy from third party places on amazon.  A good indicator of legit sellers is the amazon prime status.   Amazon is 100000x better sh*tty fleabay, dealing with 3rd party sellers waiting literally forever for a damn refund, countless fake accounts, scammers running rampant, fake review bots everywhere, not a single educated proper review in sight. As a seller you are literally there to get fked and scammed as well.... ebay is a godamn sh*tshow. 

Ive been selling/buying on eBay since 1997 and have only had one time where i got screwed by a scamming buyer and that was way early on when you could file a claim and get your money back and then close the account stealing the item and money from the buyer. So, out of 22+ years, id say thats pretty good. On Amazon, no way man. Plus they dont take Paypal and their money service doesnt have the same protections as Paypal if you read the fine print. Also, being a 'Prime seller' means nothing, other than you offer the perks, the pricing is all over the place and AZ doesnt police that at all. Case in point, the treats my cats like could vary from $5 add-on to $25/can for something that costs $6 at Walmart, so you still have to be careful when AZ themselves are out of stock, because the next 'prime seller' might not be a deal at all, if you care about how much youre paying.

That said, to each his own, we all have good/bad experiences that influence our future decisions. Just always "buyer beware" no matter what.

26 minutes ago, Talontsi90 said:

Ive been selling/buying on eBay since 1997 and have only had one time where i got screwed by a scamming buyer and that was way early on when you could file a claim and get your money back and then close the account stealing the item and money from the buyer. So, out of 22+ years, id say thats pretty good. On Amazon, no way man. Plus they dont take Paypal and their money service doesnt have the same protections as Paypal if you read the fine print. Also, being a 'Prime seller' means nothing, other than you offer the perks, the pricing is all over the place and AZ doesnt police that at all. Case in point, the treats my cats like could vary from $5 add-on to $25/can for something that costs $6 at Walmart, so you still have to be careful when AZ themselves are out of stock, because the next 'prime seller' might not be a deal at all, if you care about how much youre paying.

That said, to each his own, we all have good/bad experiences that influence our future decisions. Just always "buyer beware" no matter what.

Of course  everyone should do research but usually as a buyer, amazon is way better than ebay in terms of pricing.  Of course some basic simple house hold stuff and food that you can get in walmart or whatever will be cheaper than a product having to be delivered to your door with shipping charges thats literally common sense. Just like a pizza delivery vs pickup.....

What the value is in higher dollar purchases in electronics, audio equipment or niche accessories that you cant really get in stores.  Of course you dont want to use amazon as a seller because you are paying higher listing fees and your pricing is not protected so you really cant compete with people leading ahead in the race to zero. As a consumer and buyer though you get literally the best prices with free 2 day shipping.  Ebay.... soo often 2 weeks to 3 months for you to get anything. You are just sh*t out of luck when any delays happen and you dont get anything back.  While buying from amazon, they literally give you a huge partial refund for the inconvenience or free product.  Also reviews system. if you dont like the product or got a bad product and you leave a bad review, the seller usually messages you to offer to replace the product or offer you a different product that meets your needs free of charge with RMA.  while ebay... sometimes you might get a refund most of the times you get ghosted and no response.  So yes as a seller i'd say you yourself might like ebay. As a buyer amazon services shits all over ebay by far.

Also.... who the hell would use paypal for amazon?  You throw on your high rewards credit card and earn cash back and immediately pay off that card with a bank transfer like a smart consumer.  I've literally gotten two airplane round trips to europe completely paid off with rewards points with my chase sapphire reserve card from ordering stuff on amazon alone in the past two years.

Edited by Jeffdachef

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this