6.5 Replacement with decent bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

Yoel

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello!

I own a 2006 Suzuki Liana (Aerio) sedan.

My current setup is stock woofers up front, Hertz DT 24.3 tweeters, and my rear speakers are completely dead (discovered after buying the car).

I don't plan to have the car for long, hence don't plan to invest a lot of money.

My current plan is to try and find 6.5" coax for the rear the provides decent bass, and if not sufficient add a low-end under seat subwoofer. (All on stock HU, unfortunately) 

Any recommendations for the rear speakers? (Preferably more bass, less tweet. the tweeters up front are doing a great job.)

Thanks a lot!

sadly aftermarkets are engineered to work with a subwoofer. Most if not all coaxials, components out there wont have any actual bass, some will have midbass with proper door acoustical treatments and plenty of amplifier power but on a stock head unit, good luck.  My best  recommendation is to find full range paper cone woofers that can play in to the subsonic frequencies with good sensitivity ratings 89 db or higher  and are very low rms ratings, your stock head unit puts out 3-5 watts rms at best.

sadly aftermarkets are engineered to work with a subwoofer. Most if not all coaxials, components out there wont have any actual bass, some will have midbass with proper door acoustical treatments and plenty of amplifier power but on a stock head unit, good luck.  My best  recommendation is to find full range paper cone woofers that can play in to the subsonic frequencies with good sensitivity ratings 89 db or higher  and are very low rms ratings, your stock head unit puts out 3-5 watts rms at best.
My stock speakers are rated at 4phm 25W, So I guess the output is 15-20W RMS, no?

My stock speakers are rated at 4phm 25W, So I guess the output is 15-20W RMS, no?
nope no stock head unit has more than 5 watts rms. They cheap out on the output stage of the amplification a lot. Just put a multi-meter on AC voltage, put the prongs on your speakers and play music at the loudest and you'll see the wattage output which is next to nothing.  Most people think you need a lot of wattage to get loud, nope, just 1 watt already gets you to a certain level of spl hence the db/ 1 watt sensitivity ratings on speakers.  Needless to say if you want any real results on your system you need amplification, vehicle treatments at the very minimum for any kind of low end from aftermarket speakers. otherwise just go straight into a subwoofer and dont waste any money on rears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.