Which amp is better? need help..

idan167

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hello,

I have a sundown audio subwoofer which makes 750 rms and i need help choosing which amp is better for it.

Till now i was running with it a weak amp that gave it about 200 rms..

So now i have found a ds18 amplifiers and i need help choosing which one is better...

1. Ds18 exl a4.8k2 4800 watts 2 channel.

2. Ds18 ds2200.2 2200 watts 2 channel.

What do you think? They are the only options i got because i found them for a really good price in used condition..

Speakers dont make anything but sound, they accept output from an amp, so saying they make 750rms is incorrect. Not know anything about those particular amps, but knowing a decent amount about what makes a cheap amp, cheap, im gonna say both of those amps are garbage. A better question would be "I have this much money, what do you suggest?" and also tell us if you do or do not have the wiring to run a 1000-1500w system so that can be factored in as well.

Speakers dont make anything but sound, they accept output from an amp, so saying they make 750rms is incorrect. Not know anything about those particular amps, but knowing a decent amount about what makes a cheap amp, cheap, im gonna say both of those amps are garbage. A better question would be "I have this much money, what do you suggest?" and also tell us if you do or do not have the wiring to run a 1000-1500w system so that can be factored in as well.
Well, i dont know if these amp are garbage but they are not cheap, i mentioned that they are used so i have a good price on them, and telling you how much i can spend will be a problem, since im not from US and i have limited amount of moeny because i need to consider the shipping and the import charges which costs more then the item...

And yes i have the wiring to run it.

You not being in the US isnt a problem, they sell car audio all over the world lol.

This tells you a LOT about them "The brand was created and developed by a team of young and determined professionals who understand the needs in today’s audio industry." This means, they are marketing majors, not electrical engineers or even knowlegable about electronics, they just know how to sell **** people want.

Regardless, do your homework and then make a decision, here are some DS18 amp dyno runs, im leery that the company does their own and somehow gets over rated output, but thats just me.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ds+amp+dyno

You not being in the US isnt a problem, they sell car audio all over the world lol.

This tells you a LOT about them "The brand was created and developed by a team of young and determined professionals who understand the needs in today’s audio industry." This means, they are marketing majors, not electrical engineers or even knowlegable about electronics, they just know how to sell **** people want.

Regardless, do your homework and then make a decision, here are some DS18 amp dyno runs, im leery that the company does their own and somehow gets over rated output, but thats just me.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ds+amp+dyno
who said that the price in your country is the same in every country?

I made my reaserch and found that these two are the best price (For me obviously.

these are good or not? If yes which one is better...? Thanks.

Dude if youre dead set on getting them, why ask for advice? They look like cheap chinese junk.
Because i want to know if they are good or not, this is exactly what i have asked in first place. I have already bought some junk audio and i dont wanna do it again. So im asking, that simple.. no need to do such a story.. you just could tell me that its junk and thats all..

And btw, in dyno tests they seem to be good.. what makes you think they junk?

Why don't you list the brands available to you Op?

Those appear to be swap-meet quality junk.

Sh*t... Pioneer is world-wide... a 9601?

What coils does that Sa have?

Because i want to know if they are good or not, this is exactly what i have asked in first place. I have already bought some junk audio and i dont wanna do it again. So im asking, that simple.. no need to do such a story.. you just could tell me that its junk and thats all..

And btw, in dyno tests they seem to be good.. what makes you think they junk?
Heres a good clue...

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Well, ok i got my answers.

I my country the cheapest mono that i can buy will be about 250 dollars and even that will only have 400 rms at most.. thats why i search on ebay or so.

I dont know what coils i have on this sub but this is the sub - sundown sa10 d2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.