Subwoofer install

Cflood40237

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2006 ram mega cab. I have a alpine mrv m500 and was wondering witch sub setup would be better to run. I have 2 swe 1043 e 10" class alpine or 1 swr1242d type r 12" alpine. The amp will push either. But im not sure if its better to go with more surface area or more power. Any help would be appreciated.

It is a sealed enclosure with 1.2 cf of space. Its a dual box that is seperated side to side. If went with the type r i would eventually get 2 and upgrade the amp to match. But for now on a buget i have these options. The box i was gonna order as dual 12 box and use adapter rings to do the 10s or just do the 12. So i had the option. 

Sealed boxes in trucks do not produce any sort of worthwhile bass and will leave you frustrated and wanting more.

1.2cf would be better suited to a pair of 8s in a ported box custom designed to your listening habits and the acoustics of your particular vehicle. 

The E has 250 watts RMS and R is 500 rms. the R has more Xmax. All in all the R will have the potential to get louder. 
You need to stop spreading misinformation around. I bet 20 bucks I can build a ported box for both of his 250rms 10s and with the right amount of CLEAN power, it'll be louder than the one sub he's asking about. Cone area wins.

You need to stop spreading misinformation around. I bet 20 bucks I can build a ported box for both of his 250rms 10s and with the right amount of CLEAN power, it'll be louder than the one sub he's asking about. Cone area wins.
LOL I totally misread his post. the 2 tens should be louder on same power as a 12, especially if they are in similar enclosures (both sealed or ported).

I do not know much about boxes. I figured i couldnt go wrong with an enclosed box vs ported. Ported have to be tuned for the subs you use and i have no idea how to determine that. Thanks for the advice. Any thing is much appreciated. 

Lol. And thats why i went with a sealed. I dont know enough about ported. If i can figure it out i may change it up later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.