Model 3 inactive Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sath

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently purchased a Model 3, I couldn't afford their premium sound package that was $3000 more. The premium package comes with 14 speakers while mine came with 8 speakers. While I was working on the car I discovered that all (14) speakers are there but 6 are software disabled.  What is the best way to get these 6 speakers active? I was thinking of getting a 6 ch amplifier with a high level input from one of the active speakers. Any advice is appreciated. 

(3x) 4" midrange speakers in dash - 3 Ohm, 33W each(1x) 1” tweeter in dash - 4 Ohm, 25W (2x) 8” woofers in front doors - 4 Ohm, 80W each(2x) 4" midrange speakers in rear doors - 3 Ohm, 33W each
(2x) 1” tweeters at side mirrors - 4 Ohm, 25W each     ***disabled***(2x) 2.5" midrange speakers in A-pillars - 4 Ohm, 25W each     ***disabled***(2x) 4” midrange speakers in trunk lid - 3 Ohm, 33W each   ***disabled***

Last edited by a moderator:
i would leave it alone....imo that would be a nightmare to tune if you dont know what your doin (adding amp)

Last edited by a moderator:
well, that's fascinating.  that's a lot of extra speakers up front.  no idea why they would want 4" and 2.5' at the same time.  The extra tweeters on the mirrors make sense since the system doesn't appear to have left and right tweeters, just a center tweeter. 

Maybe a simple solution is to tie the factory mirror tweeters to the 4" and put a passive crossover in there. I assume the 4" gets a high pass signal (you want to verify).  I'd leave the 2.5 and rear 4 alone.

likely you'll just make things worse without having enough DSP channels to power every speaker individually, and even then, i wouldn't run all simultaneously.  If you go that route, you can run up to five JL VXi amplifiers on a network hub, so a pair of 800/8 could do the entire system and a third 1000/1 could run an aftermarket sub.  Those three amps are more expensive than the premium system.

Maybe a simple solution is to tie the factory mirror tweeters to the 4" and put a passive crossover in there. I assume the 4" gets a high pass signal (you want to verify).  I'd leave the 2.5 and rear 4 alone
Thank you for tu our advice, this is exactly what I will try to do. Should I add a 2 channels amp? or piggy from the 4"? 

Thank you for tu our advice, this is exactly what I will try to do. Should I add a 2 channels amp? or piggy from the 4"? 
extra amps would be a hassle and not needed for just tweeters.  inspect for an on-board crossover (in-line capacitor) or add your own.  Parts Express sells crossover parts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.