best ported/vented box for 12" apline type r

Teng Xiong

CarAudio.com Newbie
 i just need some recommandations on some good ported/vented boxes i can buy right now for a single alpine type r swr-12d4?

Alpine recommended specs:

Minimum ported volume: 1 cubic ft

Optimum ported volume : 1.25 cubic ft

Maximum ported volume: 1.5 cubic ft

Top mount depth: 6 3/8"

Cutout Diameter: 10 7/8"  

(Fs): 28 Hz

I can't remember the name of the box but it's the one that comes with a saw and a circle jig.
Yeah... that one I bought came with a bunch of extras too...

tPGSdYB.jpg

Good boxes are built not bought.
Unless you're willing to grab a design or design it yourself and build it yourself, getting one built is the way to go...  :iagree:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... that one I bought came with a bunch of extras too...

That looks like the same router that came with mine. I like dewalt tools except for the cordless drill I have. It doesn't take long at all to use up the battery then it takes for ever to charge. Too much drilling even with the second battery will leave ya without a drill. I love the table saw and the cordless screw driver but the drill *****. I do have a cheap corded one though. 

You sure keep a clean work area. I'm a slob lol. Why I put my stuff in the basement. Basement in the old house I'm living in has a lot of issues to say the least. It just encourages me to be a slob. 

i just need some recommandations on some good ported/vented boxes i can buy right now for a single alpine type r swr-12d4?

Alpine recommended specs:

Minimum ported volume: 1 cubic ft

Optimum ported volume : 1.25 cubic ft

Maximum ported volume: 1.5 cubic ft

Top mount depth: 6 3/8"

Cutout Diameter: 10 7/8"

(Fs): 28 Hz
Cool beans on the gravy. But dont be shy with the meat and potatoes. Whats the actual specs on the sub(parameters(thiele/small)) and what is the maximum room you have to work with? Pictures of the battle ground also help.

Cool beans on the gravy. But dont be shy with the meat and potatoes. Whats the actual specs on the sub(parameters(thiele/small)) and what is the maximum room you have to work with? Pictures of the battle ground also help.
1: Are you looking for a custom enclosure or store bought?
2: what are your measurements of space for the enclosure?
3: decide a tuning frequency.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.