Help needed: Subwoofer settings cause crackle

Participant count
  • Participants list

Dylan2996

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys, so i've had this pioneer unit in my SUV for a while now (years).

The other day it started producing a crackling noise in all the speakers (doors, dash, sub). When i go into the settings and turn off the subwoofer the problem goes away and everything sounds perfect. 

I disconnected the audio cables from the unit itself and it still makes the noise. I've also tested the amp/sub separately and it works fine. Problem appears to be with the unit itself and only when the subwoofer settings is switched to ON.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Equipment: Pioneer AVH-270BT

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.