subs for mustang questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
Been out of the car audio world for about 20 yrs

son is turning 16 and bought him a used mustang

2012 model

I have 4 kicker solobaric 8inch subs that I bought back in the day that is new in the box, never installed them.

RMS max power is 350 per sub,  Recommended box enclosure is .35 cf sealed box per sub from Kicker

looking at wanting to install a wall with subs facing into the car,,,  not rear mount them firing into the trunk

space is limited,  I want to be able to get to the spare tire and still have some usable trunk space.

my question is would you go with the four 8 inch subs ,   or use 2 of the 8inch and  run one 10 inch with them

Amps still looking on what to get, really don't mind buying what is needed based on the subs that will be used.

I only see you having 2 options:

Blue pill

Red pill....Which you gonna take?

but srsly doe, 4 8's or even 2 8's in a nice ported box will work for a mustang anyways, I would not forward fire 8's in a mustang in any box configuration but that's just me. are they old Stillwater kicker 8's or when they started making inferior crap subs which was around 1617yrs go damn im getting old af

Last edited by a moderator:
I only see you having 2 options:

Blue pill

Red pill....Which you gonna take?

but srsly doe, 4 8's or even 2 8's in a nice ported box will work for a mustang anyways, I would not forward fire 8's in a mustang in any box configuration but that's just me. are they old Stillwater kicker 8's or when they started making inferior crap subs which was around 1617yrs go damn im getting old af
I burp my10s forward facing with rear ports- crx style in a 17 Stang 😁

dose 10's though...but choo keep em clean
I keeps em shiny

20180818_164616.jpg

thanks for the help

I think I am going to go with the four 8 inch,   can always start over if it does not sound like it should

Not really going for high SPL     

more for being able to hear a little thump with out having to turn up the factory speakers so high on the volume

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.