Rear speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Yoel

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everybody! New guy here.

I recently bought an old car (Suzuki Liana sedan 2006 [same as Suzuki Aerio]).

After a few days, I noticed that only 2 of 6 speakers are working. After looking into it turns out that there were no tweeters under the grills and that the rear shelf speakers are dead.

For starters, I installed a pair of tweeters (Hertz DC24.3) at a local audio shop. (I'm still new to the whole car audio thing)

To sum up, I don't want to invest a lot of money because I'm planning to drive this car only for about 1 year.

I want to replace the rear speakers. As I drive mostly alone, I prefer to install speakers to add some sub-bass.

Is there any cheap option (such as 40$-60$ for pair) that will do a decent job? I don't care ordering off Aliexpress, eBay, Amazon etc.

Another option could be investing a little more in an active subwoofer, but If I understand correctly that will require rewiring since I can't plug an active subwoofer to pre-amplified wires. correct?

I hope I was clear enough.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, even if you guys will tell me it's best to leave it be without investing more money.

Thanks!

(The amp in the car is the default amp. attached is a photo of one of the rear speakers for reference)

IMG_20190325_092417.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, ***** you've gone this long waiting for a reply, hopefully I can help. 

i would buy the rockford fosgate coaxials in the correct size to replace them. Sound nice and will do well on headunit power. 

dont expect sub bass from midrange speakers. If you're wanting to get some bass throw me a budget specifically for bass will see what I can come up with. 

stop going to shops. thats the easiest way to save money. 

Hey, ***** you've gone this long waiting for a reply, hopefully I can help. 

i would buy the rockford fosgate coaxials in the correct size to replace them. Sound nice and will do well on headunit power. 

dont expect sub bass from midrange speakers. If you're wanting to get some bass throw me a budget specifically for bass will see what I can come up with. 

stop going to shops. thats the easiest way to save money. 

Thanks for your reply!

My rear speakers are seating under the rear shelf, so I think I won't be able to hear them very good unless I'll make a cut for them in the shelf. (Can't test how it sounds without buying a new pair since the current ones are completely dead)

Because of the above, instead, I'm thinking about ordering a low-cost under seat subwoofer (like Rockville), to cover the bass frequencies.

What do you think?

Thanks for your reply!

My rear speakers are seating under the rear shelf, so I think I won't be able to hear them very good unless I'll make a cut for them in the shelf. (Can't test how it sounds without buying a new pair since the current ones are completely dead)

Because of the above, instead, I'm thinking about ordering a low-cost under seat subwoofer (like Rockville), to cover the bass frequencies.

What do you think?
I deleted my rear fill and put nice speakers in the front and I was very happy with it. as you can see from my sig I have upgraded just a smidge but I loved the hannibal components when I had them did great by themselves. all the mids and highs you see in my sig are in my front doors. 

sub wise, we can do a lot better than that man. actually been hearing great things about these for the price you can look them up on youtube Big D Wiz did a video. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blaupunkt-12-Single-Voice-Coil-Subwoofer-with-800W-Power-GBW120/55486664

buy two and send it. haha. if you don't like it you're only out $50 if you like that idea can send you some good cheap amps. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I deleted my rear fill and put nice speakers in the front and I was very happy with it. as you can see from my sig I have upgraded just a smidge but I loved the hannibal components when I had them did great by themselves. all the mids and highs you see in my sig are in my front doors. 

sub wise, we can do a lot better than that man. actually been hearing great things about these for the price you can look them up on youtube Big D Wiz did a video. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blaupunkt-12-Single-Voice-Coil-Subwoofer-with-800W-Power-GBW120/55486664

buy two and send it. haha. if you don't like it you're only out $50 if you like that idea can send you some good cheap amps. 
I actually heard about these. Problem is I live outside the US.

Also, the trunk in my car is pretty well insulated - I have tried wiring two speakers (Bass reflex enclosures, 25W, just for testing) and closing the trunk. It was super muffled and weak. That's why I thought a better option will be an under seat subwoofer, and it will also be easier to install I guess (Its a powered subwoofer too). What do you think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.