Recommendations for android mirror link head unit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LoganTrucker

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking for some recommendations for a somewhat specific head unit. I use google maps on my phone ALOT and the screen on my phone has begun to "burn in" and in order to prevent future damage I am looking for a head unit that supports mirror link to android (galaxy s8 active). It must be a single din unit that flips upward due to the dash (2019 kenworth t-680 semi). The google maps app is used on my phone nearly 6 days a week for 12+ hours a day for the most part.

Requirements:

1- Single DIN unit

2- Motorized Flip UPWARDS

3- Auxiliary Input.

Now this is all new technology to me. From my understanding I can turn the phones screen completely off and continue to view, and interact with the app (google maps) through the radio touchscreen. If I am misunderstanding this tech and not able to turn my phone screen off then It won't help, and I will need to find another alternative. Price is my most important factor as I'm only wanting to prevent destroying the phone, and if the radio costs what the phone is worth then I again might as well continue to burn my phone screen.

I greatly appreciate all advice from everyone much!

15535646018251478414086955200839.jpg

Fellow trucker here, so I get your limitations. Have a look at Crutchfeild, as they have two Pioneer and two Alpine units that would fit what you're wanting. 

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_462650/Single-DIN-Car-Stereos.html?tp=72430#&nvpair=AG_Android_Control|FFAndroid_Auto

If that link doesn't work, look up single DIN radios, then apply the Android Auto filter. Android Auto gives you limited functionality and is streamlined for vehicle use, but should allow you to control Google Maps with the phone screen off (I haven't personally used AA, but just asked a friend that confirmed this should suit your needs). 

The two Pioneer radios have a flip up screen. The Alpine units have a permanently mounted screen to a single DIN chassis. Kind of a unique design, but may be overkill for you unless you really want a 9" screen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.