2500-3k watts at 2ohm OR .5ohm..whats out there

FineLinePimpin
10+ year member

Stuck in WV
OK so I need to see whats out there and decently built but not stupid expensive for making 2500-3000w at either 2ohm or at .5 ohm. Reason for the two choices is i mistakenly ordered 2ohm DVC subs and I dont wanna run my Crescendo BC2000D at half ohm. So with that said whats out there at those levels for under 1k bucks. They will have good wire and electrical. 0ga GP, 320a Alt and big AGM battery.  

The bc2k should run .5ohm all day. Get the bc5k if u want more power. Almost any name brand Korea ampnwill do .5ohm. 

Sundown

soundqube

dc audio

IA audio

brutal sounds 

etc... the list goes on 

Gonna suggest this. Btw, is the big 3 done?

This amp here is 500. Use the bangin bros discount code to get 10% off will bring the price down a tad.

010.jpg

OK so I need to see whats out there and decently built but not stupid expensive for making 2500-3000w at either 2ohm or at .5 ohm. Reason for the two choices is i mistakenly ordered 2ohm DVC subs and I dont wanna run my Crescendo BC2000D at half ohm. So with that said whats out there at those levels for under 1k bucks. They will have good wire and electrical. 0ga GP, 320a Alt and big AGM battery.  
Alpine mrx-m240, shoot me an offer. 

Dude, 2 ohm DVC subs are super versatile. High end subs will have each coil wound seperate, so you can just run one voice coil and the sub will play perfectly. If you blow it in 5 years, you can still run the other coil. Wont hurt to try. If it palys music with one coil wired up and the other discoonected, then the coils are wound seperate.

Another option is that if your amp is 2 channel then run each channel at 2ohms per coil. 

I just picked up some Critical Mass amps. They are quite amazing!  You can get these from metroholdings on ebay for about 10% of their list price. This seller does dealer builds and they often have leftovers from the project builds and will sell off that equipment to normal people. C.Mass markets to pro athaletes and celebrities. Their prices reflect this, but the equipment is amazing if you can get it. 

Their CM-AUE2.5k will drive that sub in parallel just fine. It is rated at 0.75ohm stable pushing 2500watts RMS. It has plenty of headroom and a SN of 118dB. Super clean amp. Good luck.   

Dude, 2 ohm DVC subs are super versatile. High end subs will have each coil wound seperate, so you can just run one voice coil and the sub will play perfectly. If you blow it in 5 years, you can still run the other coil. Wont hurt to try. If it palys music with one coil wired up and the other discoonected, then the coils are wound seperate.

Another option is that if your amp is 2 channel then run each channel at 2ohms per coil. 

I just picked up some Critical Mass amps. They are quite amazing!  You can get these from metroholdings on ebay for about 10% of their list price. This seller does dealer builds and they often have leftovers from the project builds and will sell off that equipment to normal people. C.Mass markets to pro athaletes and celebrities. Their prices reflect this, but the equipment is amazing if you can get it. 

Their CM-AUE2.5k will drive that sub in parallel just fine. It is rated at 0.75ohm stable pushing 2500watts RMS. It has plenty of headroom and a SN of 118dB. Super clean amp. Good luck.   
lol....dont listen to this guy!

This^^^^ don’t do. 

You can take that Critical Mass amp and shove it right up your ass....right along with this comment. f**k outta here with this bad info.

Sorry if I was misleading, this was not my intention. I should have noted that this Critical Mass subwoofer is not built the same as most DVC subs. The information I shared was directly from CMass tech support when I installing my system. I had a bad voice coil in a sub and this was part of the troublshooting sequence. I too was surprised when the guy told me that I can run the sub with only one VC connected without causing any damage to the subwoofer.  So, what makes this sub unique is the build construction. Each voice coil is wound seperate and according to the manufacturer can be played independantly. I tried it and it does in fact work perfectly with only a single VC connected.  However, it should be noted that not all manufacturers build their subs with this level of quality construction. Most subs use dual voice coils that are intertwined and not independant of each other. Therefore, as the critics suggest, this was bad advice for most subwoofers. However, this CMass sub is in fact very versatile and does have many options for installation since the VCs are independantly wound. I wish all DVC subs were built this way. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I was misleading, this was not my intention. I should have noted that this Critical Mass subwoofer is not built the same as most DVC subs. The information I shared was directly from CMass tech support when I installing my system. I had a bad voice coil in a sub and this was part of the troublshooting sequence. I too was surprised when the guy told me that I can run the sub with only one VC connected without causing any damage to the subwoofer.  So, what makes this sub unique is the build construction. Each voice coil is wound seperate and according to the manufacturer can be played independantly. I tried it and it does in fact work perfectly with only a single VC connected.  However, it should be noted that not all manufacturers build their subs with this level of quality construction. Most subs use dual voice coils that are intertwined and not independant of each other. Therefore, as the critics suggest, this was bad advice for most subwoofers. However, this CMass sub is in fact very versatile and does have many options for installation since the VCs are independantly wound. I wish all DVC subs were built this way. 
thats why that company is a joke lmfaooo

Each voice coil is wound seperate and according to the manufacturer can be played independantly. I tried it and it does in fact work perfectly with only a single VC connected.  However, it should be noted that not all manufacturers build their subs with this level of quality construction. Most subs use dual voice coils that are intertwined and not independant of each other. Therefore, as the critics suggest, this was bad advice for most subwoofers.
lol you sure about that buddy? I suggest you ask for a refund and when they ask why, tell them to give you a list of manufacturers who use dvc subs with "intertwined" coils

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.