Switching to SQ set up

Participant count
  • Participant list

BayAreaSlaps408

Hello everyone, its been awhile since I've been on here and glad to be back. Last time alot of people from this forum helped me with my last set up which held up great for years. As I've gotten older I have reached that point where I'm switching from SPL to SQ/SQL. So I sold my Fi Audio BL v2 & I am now in the market to purchasing a new driver. Looking for something that has good sound quality but at same time play lows decently. I still have my SQ2200 hooked up & ready to be set accordingly. Looking for 12" (due to space), with rms rating between 1000-1500, and under $500.

So far after browsing came up with these 3:

Incriminator Audio Death row

SSA Icon 

Fi Audio Q Neo 

I know there are many new brands/models since my last purchased sub, but leaning towards Fi Audio Q because of how loyal my BL was to me.

Feel free to shoot some other options/opinions & would you recommend any of the 3 above.

Also the enclosure will be made to specs of which ever sub I go with. 

Thank you 

Last edited by a moderator:
Brahma....
I second this. 

or a cheaper option is these CSS-SDX subs, still an XBL^2 motor like the adire brahma and its a bit more hefty and plays lows better and more efficient.

https://www.parts-express.com/css-sdx12-xbl2-12-subwoofer--290-3006

However you'll need to get used to undistorted bass. Your BL may sound nice but its not clean linear bass like a true linear SQ sub. With these xbl^2 subs there's heft and girth to the output and lows are amazing but you wont get that bang bang boom boom you are used to with normal subs, its a lot smoother all around, still shakes the living sh*t outta your car tho but doesnt have that usually smack in the face you are used to aka distortion (its inherent you just never knew it was distortion and thought it was normal bass)  

With these xbl^2 subs, you can definitely run two later on because they work amazing in smaller enclosures, definitely aeroported if you want decent output and you can always plug the hole and turn it into a sealed enclosure easily to see whats your preference. Shove some material inside to take up airspace and you will be good for sealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.