harman

Im doing everything wrong plz halp

So I bought the cheapest car around and of course, it has a crap sound system. fortunately, I had 2 pair of speakers laying around:

- PIONEER TS-R6951S 400W 3-Way (this one I want to put in the back)

- Boston exl-60c 25w RMS 220w (and these ones in rear passenger seats)

and I plan to buy another 2 pair to put in the front door side for the driver and other passengers PIONEER 600W TOTAL 2-WAY 6.5 INCH.

However, since I'm new to this type of hobbies/ DIY I don't know anything other than how to make the installation, so the thing I want know is if I need a new stereo player and an amp as well or I easily make the setup work without either of them, and is there anything I am missing.

if I put a new stereo I will lose the controls from the steering wheel.

Btw before installing the speaker I'm definitely going to revest the sides of the door with sound proofing/vibration deadening sheets to improve the sound ofc.

the main rule of car audio is, less is more. Too many speakers in the system will make everything sound like sh*t and you want all the amplifier power in front, nothing in the rear, that can be left on head unit power.   You will need a new radio around 100 bucks, and the steering wheel retention hardware costs around 70-80 bucks my personal suggestion, screw the steering wheel control, you can play music with bluetooth on your phone and save that money for an amp.   those 600 watt numbers are not the numbers you should be looking at, you should be looking at construction material usually go for silk domes on the tweeters.  You'll want decent sensitivity ratings as well aim for 90db or higher sensitivity. Go for components or raw drivers aka seperate midrange and tweeter drivers and use the head unit to actively crossover.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

pioneer's low end speakers usually sound like crap, i would not put any money on those.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Do you have any recommendations? On speakers and head unit? And I don't need new cabling, right? 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Isaac Lind
      I keep thinking this and can’t figure this out in my head and it’s driving me crazy. So let’s say I have a 2 channel amp and two 2 ohm subwoofers. My amp is stable bridged at 4 ohm so I wire them in series. Now both subs pound at the same time. Now let’s say I just hook up each sub to each channel and let the subs run in stereo?! What would happen? Will they pound the same or pound in stereo and be kinda off?! My real thoughts on this are really because I have a really good zapco amp that is 1 ohm stereo stable that I could potentially hook up a lot more subwoofers too but only in stereo not bridged. But I just want to know will the subs pound the same in stereo mode as apposed to bridge mode or even mono amp style? Also if I did hook them up on each channel, is there A way to just make them run in mono mode instead of stereo? Thanks guys. Also I’ve had an account here but I’ve forgotten it and used my facebook for a new one lol.
    • By Tom Keyte
      Hi, thanks in advance for any help. I've added a leisure battery to my van, using the wiring in this video: https://youtu.be/oOQHe_cZtI4?t=1044
      I have this amp: https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-gm-d8704_p-41014.htm and this head unit: https://www.pioneer-car.eu/uk/products/deh-s3000bt

I'm assuming the head unit will be fine if I wire it in to the fuse block (this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IVRC9RA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).
      Should I re-wire the permanent or ignition switched terminal from the back of the head unit to the fuse block.
      And my main question...
      For the amp, Should I be connecting that via 16mm cable straight to the battery (or to the isolator switch in this case) and does it need its own fuse.
      Thanks
      Tom

• By Dylan Woods
      to whoever reads this, I am extremely naive on car audio. I have a 2014 Dodge Avenger with a 600W Kicker Amp with 2 12” Kicker Subs. They recently stopped working going in and out only staying on for maybe 3 seconds. I took it to a garage and they said my amp wasn’t strong enough everything kept going into safety mode. I want to upgrade but I don’t want to get ripped off due to me being naive. I want to get 2 15” inch subs, a  compatible amplifier, and new tweeters. I’m not afraid to put down a decent amount of money I just don’t want to go over $2,000 for what I listed plus instillation. I got a rate for 2k for all of that stuff it would be tezla brand. I live in myrtle beach and during bike week I always hear cars with the deepest bass and loudest treble. I want to go deaf and I want to shake houses from a block away. I need suggestions on the best equipment to get 
    • By Nick Miles
      Hey guys I'm fairly new to car audio but I need to find the source of my system having really high pitchy ness when the high notes are hit on just about any song at decently high volume. I talked with a friend of mine he said first adjust the EQ to lower the right part of the line graph down which is whta I believe the treble. I did this by lowering them from high 9/9 all the way down to zero at the very rightmost part of it. Then he told me to lower the gain. So I have a few questions with this.
      Which gain is he talking about? Because I've narrated through and I found the DTE gain and I also found the gain for front left front right rear right and rear left as well as the sub in the crossover and also the tweeter. I don't wanna mess with this too much until I know what I'm doing for sure because I don't wanna blow my speakers out since they are already clipping pretty bad. I had adjusted all the gains to -3db from zero I hope I didn't do something wrong.
      I'm using a Kenwood KDC-X303 cd receiver. Let me know thanks again for reading.